The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

97 eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know man, we have had a couple discussions about this cars bizarre wiring and i just can't figure the logic to some of the weird stuff i am continuously finding over time. Its like some crazy person put wires together for sake of doing so. I pulled over 5 pounds of audio wiring out of this thing a couple year's ago and almost ripped out my hair getting that stuff back to stock wiring. Still wish i could find a decent genuine mitsu head unit.

That's a seriously underrated sensor, I think because alot of people don't understand it's use. I put one in all my turbo builds. An easy fix is always awesome those sensor/gauge kits are $$$. Unfortunately my vintage apexi EGT took a crap and had to replace it with the Evo pro 60mm.

A few days back I mentioned fixing some problem areas in the IC plumbing. I cut the pipe to a better angle and welded thicker coupler cusps around the tips of the pipe and ran a long 45 instead of a straight coupler at the joint and doubled up on clamps for each end to insure no leaks will return in this area. I'm using 1 t-clamp paired with a stainless hose clamp on each end.
20210714_114839.jpg
20210714_115410.jpg
20210714_170312.jpg

I'm trying out a new brand to see if they are any good. I'm only willing to buy couplers from them for now. They 4 layer with 3 rows of kevlar stitch. Already ran my BLT and everything sealed. Now to see if they can handle the heat and 21 psi.

I found a bonus performance part i didn't know i have checking the timing yesterday. I noticed that the crank pulley was etched and never paid any mind and read it, turns out it is a very popular well made crank pulley by a company called Unorthodox Racing.
Capture+_2021-07-15-19-27-21.png

Last edited:
My battery tray unfortunately started to rust, i suppose i expected it due to it being cold roll material. I decided to wet sand it and put some paint on it. Seemed touch up bright white was the the appropriate choice to go with for the interior.
20210721_070545.jpg

The odd guage behind the battery is direct volts going to the fuel pump. The 4 post relay for the fuel pump rewire is next to the gauge along with the inline fuse. Went with that guage because it was just laying around and seemed like a good idea to get a constant reading on the fuel pump current. Most likely will replace it with a small digital readout eventually to make it look a little more high speed LOL.

Looking at some volt displays to replace the pod in the trunk for the fuel pump current readout. Im stuck between these two. The multi display seems nice but it might be over kill.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-07-29-13-57-02~2.png
    Capture+_2021-07-29-13-57-02~2.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 16
Got the new volt display for the pump mounted seems to work ok.

Attachments

• 20210804_160334.jpg
    20210804_160334.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Capture+_2021-08-04-16-16-39~2.png
    Capture+_2021-08-04-16-16-39~2.png
    459.3 KB · Views: 15
So the new update is just me making fun of myself. Been driving the car alot and started having slight grinds, and not able to get into second gear, same issue with 1st every now and then. I suspected the worst immediately. So upon checking the interior cable links i found something sort of embarrassing. When i replaced my boot and inspected the linkage a while back a nut fell into the shift assembly. Now im not scared of having to rebuild the trans again or put new cables and bushings in i got thw repair for free. I found this to be very funny and feel dumb all at once. It wasn't a small nut either.
20210809_211102.jpg

Haha. Glad it was just that. You had to have been stoked to know it was just that.
Speaking of shift linkages, i think my components could use some grease do you got any particular stuff you think works well? I was just going to put some basic lithium grease on the bushings, joints, and springs.

Where did you get THOSE???
I purchased them on the STM tuners website linked here on the forum. They are called the "Prosport Evo series" the speedometer is a fast signal GPS while the tach is just hooked up like a traditional tach. I made some mods to an extra instrument panel to fit the gauges inside there. They work really well hope this helps.

Where did you get THOSE???
Here is a link to the speedometer. If you need the GPS sensor it is sold separate on the same site and the size is 85mm OD for both tach and speedometer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back