The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

97 eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm looking to relocate the battery for improved weight distrabution and freeing up space on the engine does anyone have a kit they have bought or did a custom setup?

hey whats up man. i recently did a relocation to the trunk of my car. I used an optima battery with a custom tray from ebay. then i used standard battery gauge wire and i ran it to the front. I used a fusible link from an evo x. you can get this from MAP for around 50 bucks. i can post some pics later if youd like

hey whats up man. i recently did a relocation to the trunk of my car. I used an optima battery with a custom tray from ebay. then i used standard battery gauge wire and i ran it to the front. I used a fusible link from an evo x. you can get this from MAP for around 50 bucks. i can post some pics later if youd like
Check one off the list i installed a redtop a month ago. I don't think you can get a better battery.

I have big fog lights without the bezel. I ordered both sides and want to put a good after market lamp in that fit well with the bezel opening. Anyone have suggestions?

I finally found a pipe kit with an extended throttle body elbow and 2.75 inch id to match my bored throttle body and ported manifold (also 2.75" id) not sure why i waited so long. Figure it will flow alot better maybe have some small gains, considering the factory elbow is 2.125" id. I think im getting kind of a bottle neck effect at the elbow.

I was doing a boost leak test and found a little leak at the TB, I pulled it apart and realized i never increased the ID of the tb elbow it still sets at stock on the factory braided hose. I got a bov mount tube in 2.75id with the matching extended matching elbow.
Anyone have any thoughts how much restriction there was being bottle necked like that?

I was doing a boost leak test and found a little leak at the TB, I pulled it apart and realized i never increased the ID of the tb elbow it still sets at stock on the factory braided hose. I got a bov mount tube in 2.75id with the matching extended matching elbow.
Anyone have any thoughts how much restriction there was being bottle necked like that?

Hey what’s up man. Got some pics for you. Here’s the bracket that I have in the trunk. I currently have it mounted in the spare but it might be moved to the right side of the trunk. Maybe LOLll I’d like to build a new floor so that way i have all trunk space available.
666869CA-2CAA-4113-959C-F189CCA436BA.jpeg

So the ground is just bolted to a good ground with paint removed. The positive is ran to the front where I have it on the Evo x fusible link. From there i connected all the wires such as the harness and starter. I made a bracket and put it in front of my catch can
F44E7387-7464-4D57-9DD8-93991F0069F0.jpeg

9638C40F-E601-4A12-912A-C5388EAE734F.jpeg

9638C40F-E601-4A12-912A-C5388EAE734F.jpeg

FB649ACE-D39F-40AA-8758-5E4CADDACAAE.jpeg

A346EE42-1781-4AB9-9D69-3B91F814D41F.jpeg

All the parts for the fusible link are available on maperformance. I think it’s a total of three things.

Hey what’s up man. Got some pics for you. Here’s the bracket that I have in the trunk. I currently have it mounted in the spare but it might be moved to the right side of the trunk. Maybe LOLll I’d like to build a new floor so that way i have all trunk space available.
View attachment 603480
So the ground is just bolted to a good ground with paint removed. The positive is ran to the front where I have it on the Evo x fusible link. From there i connected all the wires such as the harness and starter. I made a bracket and put it in front of my catch can
View attachment 603483
View attachment 603482
View attachment 603482
View attachment 603481
View attachment 603484
All the parts for the fusible link are available on maperformance. I think it’s a total of three things.
Thats done very well nice work, thank you for taking the time to show me your set up. It definitely helps.

That’s a cool shirt:thumb:. Any name brand bov works imo. I like the tial I currently have. I’ve had hks, modded 1g and greddy. Greddy was nice too but they’re no longer available
Thanks man i appreciate it. I still have an old type s greddy i need to try to fix up not sure that's possible, it's the purple one everbody had back in the day LOL

Thanks man i appreciate it. I still have an old type s greddy i need to try to fix up not sure that's possible, it's the purple one everbody had back in the day LOL

I had the same one. Think mine was leaking too iirc. It’s been many years ago LOL

20200623_224034~2.jpg

Installed a drain line to my vented catch can which has an open/close valve on the bottom. I ran the line to the depth of the radiator so i can drain it without a mess and
I can drain it during an oil change. Anyone else do something like this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back