The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2gNT 97 eclipse and trans (ATX to MTX) swap from 98

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Burger

Proven Member
Jan 2, 2017
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Alright long story short bought 2 shitty dsms one runs good but has lots of rust other is a shell. One is a 1998 eagle talon esi manual trans, other is a 97 eclipse rs automatic same motors. Different trans. What all involves swapping the eagle talon motor and trans into the eclipse? Can i lift the bodies off the frames for easy access? Where should i hang the clutch pedal? Simple things like so. Input would be much appreciated, thanks guys!

So if I'm understanding you, you wish to put the manual trans into the Auto trans car. If this is the case, you need the transmission of course, the mounts for it if it's anything like a 4g63 auto to manual swap, all three pedals and hardware, both master cylinders, slave cylinder,clutch line, shift linkage, fluids, axles, and that's all I can think of at the moment. You are not able to lift the body off since these are unibody cars, no body-on-frame here (sadly).

Yeah it's not a super hard swap. Getting the peddles in is the hardest.

My recommendation just swap the engines over. Should be plug and play and should be a easy Sunday project.

That's if you can live with an auto. I just picked up a running rain for $200 it's an auto but for a daily it's fine. Plus nt don't make much power so a 5 speed isn't necessary. You could sell the 5 speed parts and be ahead of the game.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back