The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Spyder 97 Eclipse Spyder 4G64 SOHC replace water pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinglewho

Probationary Member
Jun 1, 2023
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Hello DSM communityđź‘‹ I have just joined the group and am seeking some advice as to where I should go with the car, so I guess I'll give everyone the rundown. I've had the car for 4 years and daily drove it a majority of the years.

Love the car but unfortunately the water pump is shot and I'm working with the 4g64 motor where my water pump is ran by my timing chain. I'm debating just fixing the water pump but the car sits at 212k miles and is burning a serious amount of oil so while I'm replacing everything there and retiming it why not do internals? And if I'm doing all that why not do forged, boost the motor or stroke it etc.

What I seek here is guidance. Drop some build suggestions or website recommendations, Experiences building these motors. Anything helps guys, thank you.

There is no timing chain, there is an external belt, also the belt does not run the water pump on the 4g63 or 4g64.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back