The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

97 eclipse no spark

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipseflybyu

Probationary Member
Jun 16, 2009
warren, Ohio
ok so heres my prob i just did an engine swap put in new pistons new head and cam gears all that good stuff ;) but i dont have any spark and here are my questions i have the back wireing harness unplugged right now b ### my sensors werent matching the harness so if im not mistaken there is an oil pressure sensor a knock sensor a crank and altornator and etc sensors... i tried to start my car with just crank sensor plugged in but nothing else for back wiring harness not even alternator it didnt start would crank fine but would not start does this sound right do all sensors need to be plugged in and by the way can n e one find a pic of where all those sensors go to b ### i dunno where my knock sensor is or if i even have one thanks alot guys remember no spark help....... oh and its a 1997 eclipse rs 420a with a 98 wireing harness and a 96 block and a 97 head

Hmm... Has to be something with the wiring. You should check everything and make sure it's legit.

-Hardin

I would just go through the basics. Start with your plugs then check ## wires, the your coils, make sure you have all your grounds hooked up properly, If all that is good then i would suggest trying to get your sensors hooked up because the ignition system might be using a ground through a different sensor. hope this helps.

thanks well i checked grounds all good checked new msd coil and new wires not theproblem its gotta have to do with the lower wiring harness for back of block and alternator etc. b ### that is the only peice i am missin so tahanks guys if n e one else has an update b sure to let me know

I had the same problem i need to get the crank position sensor without that your car wont start. also in the stock cam gears there is a round cirlce plate that sits in it if you dont switch it to the upgraded cam gears motor wont crank over.

look at your asd relay, it powers everything in order for your car to start, even with all new sensors, cam, crank, coil, plugs and wires, even a new ecu wont work unless the asd relay is good, I did a full $400 tune-up i didnt need bc of the relay and mine did the same thing, cranks perfect just no spark, then looked at the relay and took out the piece inside and it was burnt on the bottom. so before spending all the money to try to find out what it is, look at all possibilities first :) hope that helps!!

talon 740 sick dude i really appriciate it and the link helped even more i appriciate it bro so my main question was does the crank sensor have to be plugged in and yes it does for any one else who has this problem

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back