The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

97 eclipse gst owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007jimmy

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2012
Levittown, Pennsylvania
long time lurker but i finally signed up..it started off as a bone stock ill maintained womans car but its taken about 2 years to get this far and one motor swap because the rod bearings failed because i turned up the boost to much on a stock bottom end. after that fail i started doing my research and now im taking my time. ive already done ALOT of work and i have a boat load of parts waiting to go on but i need to do my timing belt before i do anything else.. after the first motor blew i had a leaky valve cover so my timing belt got oil soaked.. just waiting for a nice weekend to do it. anyways heres some pics.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

im currently getting rid of all the green and replacing it with stuff ive been polishing..

big difference in with some sanding and buffing.. LOL

now im working on smoothing and polishing a hyndai intake manifold.. i have yet to find anyone thats done it and put it on a 2g eclipse so im hoping it works. i already know the mods i have to make to the manifold but i wanna see how good it cleans up first..

it got dark so i had to call it quits.. i have more pictures but i plan on doing a 2g manifold swap write up.

thank you. i cant wait to see how the intake turns out. if it doesnt polish up nice im just gonna paint it black or get it powdered chrome.

well the valve cover was a failure.. i had noticed some hairline cracks around one of the inner bolts by the timing belt. well they got worse and there was oil coming out of them.. i took it off today to inspect it and its pretty bad.. im just gonna start fresh with a hyndai valve cover because it only has half the letters to shave off and they are stronger. i already have 2 that i planed on listing on ebay but ill be using one of them now. ebay has funded most of this build recently.

i made a little progress today on the intake.. all the ribs are gone now. i just have to smooth the casting.

Nice GST :) Definitely looking forward to progress pics. Wanted to buy a GST or GSX but ended up with just a GS. =[ Daily driver for me but still... Anywho, nice ride.

thats what i started out with.. bone stock 42 a 2g rs. ive had a thing for these cars since the 2g came out. just something that draws my attention to them. i wanted a turbo model but at the time it was the only thing i could find. few months later some lady t-boned me out of no where and the insurance money paid for my current "project". i have some maintance to but here is my list of things to do...

timing belt and cams with adjustable gears since my 2 year old fully rebuilt 20k mile one got oil soaked and i recently had a harmonic balancer failure resulting in it wearing away the timing belt cover and making it rub my belt just a little .. then ill probably take off work for a week and then starts the upgrades.

850 cc injectors.
small 16g turbo with 20g wheel and compressor housing with the wastegate flapper welded shot
pvc catch can system since i only have one now on the valve cover breather line
external wastegate
internal wastgate delete dump pipe with stock o2 sensor bung
new polished aluminum rad
looking for evo polished coolant pipes
new uncirculated blow off valve becuase i have a leaky turboXS piston style one now.
i already have dsmlink v2 with a 95 socketed ecu but im weighing my options for v3.. im not really familiar with either so ill leave that one for a dyno tuning shop

then some apperance mods under the hood. if its cast aluminum and in plane site when you pop the hood im getting an extra one from my local pick and pulls so i can attempt to smooth and polish it or paint it a nice enamal high gloss black or color matched green.. im even contimplating getting a spare block and shaving it for paint and building it to put some power down as well.. i want show and lots of go.. .. LOL

ill update my different "how to" or "DYI" threads as much as possible since work is slow and the weather is getting nicer out..

I had a green spyder that was the same color. Took me a while to get used to the color, but with a set of goldish rims on it, it looked really nice.

maybe a gold set with a decent thickness polished lip but these where cheap 800 for the set new mounted balanced and shiped to my door but i would have to take into consideration the caliper clearance becuase i have a junkyard find galant 2 piston setup but im still looking to score a 4 piston setup and abs delete. i want to get a bar and tube trans cooler to put in the stock SMIC area and use the stock duct and then maybe rewire the abs light to turn on for something else.. perhaps high exhuast temp oror high trans temp.. i just gotta look into how to do it. i plan on having one hell of a clean engine bay. hoprefully in the next few weeks.. still polishing away on my valve cover and hyndai intake..

i was also contimplating etching the dimond star logo with a legable graffiti font that says 4G63,, gotta drawl it on the intake first to get an idea what its gonna look like..

aluminum rad, single or double slim fan with polished shroud and maybe a polished or color matched cover to replace the ugly top middle bumper support.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back