The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

97 Eclipse GST Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodude

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 17, 2011
Olympia, Washington
Well, originally bought my 97 GST at a local dealership here For $8,500 out the door. It was in overall great shape, pretty much stock and only 73k miles. Also, has no sunroof which to me was a plus since i plan on reducing weight as much as possible to her. It was exactly what i was looking for in the color i wanted so i picked it up with cash! :hellyeah:

Check out my videos on my profile here to see my full build videos. Stage 1,2 and 3!

Replaced pretty much every piece of interior. swapped out the cloth for leather seats, replaced steering wheel and hub with sparco mugello wheel /NGR quick release, autometer carbon gauges, full competition stereo build, customized vent panel to hold apexi units, short shifter, a-pillar, reupholstered door panels w/ suede, also did a viper alarm with proximity sensor and remote start.... yes on a manual car. i know what i'm doing. Swapped out all bulbs for led's, etc, etc....:thumb:

As for the exterior, the wheels and tires were the biggest fall back... replaced the stockers with XXR 18x8.5s with Toyo T1-R's and a lower offset to give her a more aggressive stance. Has koni adjustables with eiback springs, eurolite fog's, threw on some 10K HID's. also painted calipers and got some slotted and drilled rotors. Blitz body kit with molded side skirts, seibon carbon hood with pins, etc etc.....:thumb:

Performance wise, got a new injen intake/filter, intercooler, Nx intercooler sprayer, 150amp alt, Big T-28 turbo upgrade, greddy type-s bov, optima battery, changed the belts, turbosmart boost controller, rewired 190lph fuel pump, upgraded plugs and wires, got an apexi rsm, apexi tt, coolant tank, catch can, repainted entire engine bay pretty much and some other small items here and there. Custom welded downpipe, already had a greddy catback exhaust on it so A+ there, etc, etc, etc :cool:

Overall this it totally a work in progress but i think i can say for now that i am set for a while before i start buying bigger upgrades that i plan to get. Such as a gt35r or HX40 turbo, 272 cams and 1000cc injectors, ported or tubular manifold, ,AFPR, rails and 255 fuel pump, ECM link, etc etc....:rocks:

But anyway, here are some before and after pics of some of the major areas of change. Make sure to check out the youtube videos on my profile for full build details!

The pics:

Thanks dsmtwins2g.

To amballer82822, On the top is an apexi turbo timer, in the center is my apexi RSM and the switch on the right activates stage-2 from my turbosmart boost controller. Check out the youtube link at the top of my blog and you can see how i made that panel. Not as hard as you may think, but does take some patients to get it done perfectly. LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back