The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

97 Eclipse Gs !HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vl DSM lV

Probationary Member
Dec 21, 2011
Dyer, Indiana
hey, names chris im just tryin to figure out a cupple little things about my car

1. My hatch/ trunk is rattleing every time i hit litle bumps or cracks in the road, even the slightest of buumps just rattle the back and it gets anoying, anyone know how to fix or know what is wrong with it.:banghead:

2. One day my Dash lights will be on when i start my car and than lficker for a cupple mins nd than stop and just be completely off, and one day they wont be on at all, nd than one day itll be on the entire time, no problems.. i just need to know why that is happening so i could fix it:banghead:

3. sometimes, when its cold or when its raining/wet out.. when i start my car a real loud like squealing /rubbing? i guess u can say happens for a few seconds and than it stop, but when its nice and not wet out theres none of that.. any ideas on why?:banghead:

4. On the top of my strut covers, they are getting rusty.. how can i stop that? can i buy new ones? cause every time i stop kinda hard or hit a bump its slightly sqeaky:banghead:

if anyone has any idea, please let me know thanks:D

Wellcome to dsm LOL. Every dsm iv ever
Been in sounds like its just going to fall
Apart and the noise your car makes when
It's cold/ raining is just you car singing
To you. Be respectful and wait till she's
Done singing then you can be on your way.
About your gauges it might be just a loose ground
Take it apart and inspect.
And get those strut towers fixed ASAP.

Cut off the rust and weld a new piece of sheet metal on it. Your radiator support might need some attention as well. The squeaking, could it be a belt? Maybe some of your interior pieces have broken tabs rolling around. Where the spare tire sits there can be rust. Maybe that can be some of the noise.

1. My hatch/ trunk is rattleing every time i hit litle bumps or cracks in the road, even the slightest of buumps just rattle the back and it gets anoying, anyone know how to fix or know what is wrong with it.

- Could be your bushings in the rear are shot, or shocks going bad, or strut mounts are bad. Need to inspect it to actually know, could take it to NTB.

2. One day my Dash lights will be on when i start my car and than lficker for a cupple mins nd than stop and just be completely off, and one day they wont be on at all, nd than one day itll be on the entire time, no problems.. i just need to know why that is happening so i could fix it

- This is a sign of a loose ground or even your battery/alternator dying. Inspect battery terminals. Test voltage output with ohm meter. Can have local auto parts test both alternator & battery inside the car.

3. sometimes, when its cold or when its raining/wet out.. when i start my car a real loud like squealing /rubbing? i guess u can say happens for a few seconds and than it stop, but when its nice and not wet out theres none of that.. any ideas on why?

- This is most likely a squeling or failing belt. Inspect accessory belts for wear & tear.

4. On the top of my strut covers, they are getting rusty.. how can i stop that? can i buy new ones? cause every time i stop kinda hard or hit a bump its slightly sqeaky

- I would attend to this rust asap, this is dangerous. Okay, please use proper grammar & English. Your typing was difficult to decipher. Welcome to DSMtuners.

rEclipserGST : thanks for the help

1. thanks alot ill check it all out
2. my battery is brand new and it couldn't be my alternator cause then my head lights would flicker as well right? but ill check the ground
3. i was thinking the same thing but it only does it when its raining or cold, its really weird haha
4. yeah my struts are okay, the covers are just rusting out

jpmxrider489
thanks alot ill check those things out and ill do that welding right away.

:thumb: thanks for all the help guys ill check them out as soon as i have a chance. thanks again!

any more suggestions please feel free to post

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back