The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

97 AWD Swapped Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not too much of an update here. I finally wrapped up the evo steering wheel install and am so happy with how it turned out with the oem airbag cover! I was down with covid for a few weeks, but I was able to get the ExtremePSI solid shifter base bushing kit installed which made a world of a difference combined with their solid cable bushing kit and oem weighted knob. This is by far the best feeling shifter I've had in a dsm. I also got ambitious yesterday and installed the Boosted Fab crossmember. Fit like a glove and looks great! Can't wait to get his fender braces and motor mounts installed next. Other than that I'm just waiting on availability to open up at the local shop to get these Volk toe arms installed and the alignment wrapped up. I'd like to have the RPF1s on and Evo Recaros in the car yet this season.

20210913_171718.jpg

20210913_173505.jpg

20210914_112519.jpg

How long ago did you order the Boosted Fab part? I have the same one sitting here and the design appears a tad different.

View attachment 640151
Like a week or two maybe? Mine came powdercoated with his logo welded on the front bracket. Still waiting on him to finish building the fender braces as I spec'd chromoly instead of DOM.

Got the car out for a cruise through horse country last night. Lexington has some beautiful driving roads around it. Unfortunately I didn't stop to get any pictures until I got back...I'll have to make an effort to get some professional ones done after paint and bodywork.

20210916_195924.jpg

20210916_200152.jpg

20210916_195834.jpg

20210916_200008.jpg

20210916_200046.jpg

There's some bumps and bruises on the fenders and doors. It's also missing some clips on the driver's side door molding. It's a solid 5ft car though haha
Gotcha. I feel the same, a solid 10fter haha. Door dings for me. 😩

Well today was a big day for parts! Even with the car half-heartedly posted for sale I decided I was ready to change up the engine bay a bit and ordered the following:

• Raven Fab stainless water pipe
  • Purple Tial Q bov and MVS wastegate
  • Ticon Industries materials order so a local welder can fab me a titanium UICP and burn it purple
  • Vibrant HD clamp that will be welded to the throttle body so I won't need a separate tb elbow or coupler
  • BSFab titanium upper radiator pipe in purple
  • New oem oil dipstick
  • JMFab catch can
  • FuelLab purple AFPR to replace the ugly red Aeromotive one

Just small things this weekend.

• Got "The Bracketeer" and fire extinguisher mounted
  • Fiancé and I went to a local night meet in Lexington and the Spyder got a ton of love (only 4g car there out of 450+)
  • Both my Tial's showed up
  • Fiancé made me a collage to hang in the garage. It consists of pictures of the 3 dsm's I've had over the years and some cool articles/dealer brochure I got on eBay.

20210917_161221.jpg

20210918_151218.jpg

20210919_112341.jpg

20210918_151207.jpg

20210919_112225.jpg

Boosted Fab chromoly fender braces shipped this morning! Not else really in the way of updates, other than the fiancé and I taking the car out for a couple hours yesterday to check out some neighborhoods we're interested in. Had a deal pending on the car for over $20k last week, but I'm honestly relieved to say it fell through. I don't need the money and realized there's nothing I could replace it with for similar money and get the same experience/enjoyment out of driving it.

20210926_131823.jpg

20210924_182757.jpg

20210924_182814.jpg

• Boosted Fab chromoly fender braces showed up Friday!
  • Picked up a new front bumper, fenders, and trunk plastics this weekend
  • Waiting on the BSFab titanium radiator pipe and Volk front LCA's
  • Had to cancel my Raven Fab stainless water pipe order as I didn't realize they don't yet make a 2g style (though Eric says it's in the works)
  • Hoping to get to my local guy this Sunday to get the titanium uicp welded up
  • Winter teardown and upgrades will likely start in early November

20210927_110449.jpg

Not that it needed it, but I got the car washed for probably the last time this season. My welder has had several equipment issues the past week, so hopefully the intercooler pipe will be done today. There is some leftover pipe so I'm thinking I'll have him make a titanium catch can and power steering reservoir this winter.

20211017_112604.jpg

20211017_112945.jpg

20211017_112635.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back