The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

97 AWD Swapped Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Took it out for a good 40 mile roundtrip cruise which will likely be my last. Such a fun car and will definitely be missed.

20220220_153656.jpg

20220220_153431.jpg

20220220_153618.jpg

Well I figured I'd keep all of you in the loop on the Spyder's replacement...

2018 Magnetic Metallic GT Premium PP1
Hellion top mount twin 62s
TR6060 swap
Made 920whp slipping the stock clutch at 12.5psi on the dyno
Street tuned up to 15psi with a McLeod RXT twin disc

received_720486208948942.jpeg

received_743990919898564.jpeg

Sounds like an animal. How does it feel? Planted or unpredictable?
Sorry for the delay. I'm picking it up tomorrow and can let you know for sure, but from what I've been told it'll just barely haze the Mickey's at a 40 roll if they're warm. I'm going to be easing into it on wastegate pressure and pump gas for awhile LOL. It still made 730ish on 7lbs and 93.

Has to rain today ugh. Good idea to take it easy until you learn the car. Still sick on just gate pressure
Car is an absolute animal. I've had it on the 900+ setting a few times and it'll paint black lines on the street from a 60 roll LOL. House is coming right along as well! Hoping to be moving in this time next month.

20220428_165328.jpg

20220508_111705.jpg

received_1041274313409775.jpeg

Not too much of an update here. I finally wrapped up the evo steering wheel install and am so happy with how it turned out with the oem airbag cover! I was down with covid for a few weeks, but I was able to get the ExtremePSI solid shifter base bushing kit installed which made a world of a difference combined with their solid cable bushing kit and oem weighted knob. This is by far the best feeling shifter I've had in a dsm. I also got ambitious yesterday and installed the Boosted Fab crossmember. Fit like a glove and looks great! Can't wait to get his fender braces and motor mounts installed next. Other than that I'm just waiting on availability to open up at the local shop to get these Volk toe arms installed and the alignment wrapped up. I'd like to have the RPF1s on and Evo Recaros in the car yet this season.

View attachment 640145

View attachment 640146

View attachment 640147
How did you get that steering wheel installed? Did you make anything custom or did it bolt right up?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back