The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

96 TSI AWD 500hp Tucked and Shaved Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96ETT

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Well I figure its time for me to start a build thread since my DD will become an all out project this summer.

A little background first. I had a 96 TSI FWD I bought when I started driving a lot for college. I really fell in love with it. I did the E16G, FMIC, ECMLink SD, blah blah to it and then sold it. I thought I could do without the 2nd car (I have a chevy truck also) but then decided I wanted to get back into DSM's but an AWD. I got my current car for about $3k and it ran like crap but just needed fuel filter, spark plugs and the norm. It already had a 98 eclipse front and rear conversion.

I will be graduating college this may and will start tearing this car up to make a 500hp streetable car. Not a DD, but a car that is legal to drive to local shows and tracks. I know this will not be cheap, but this is my only hobby so it will be ok.

My plans for it:
Full wire tuck and shaved engine bay
MR2 steering setup (already bought, just need to install)
Built motor and drivetrain
BW EFR7670 Turbo
Roll Cage
Clean interior, but some mods
Many more small things

and I'm not going to lie, if I can find a mild body kit or something that is duraflex I may throw that on.

All I want is a clean car that I can take to the local gatherings and tracks and get some compliments, with the power to back it up. This thread will be kind of slow until the summer then it should pick up.

The night I bought it next to my truck
IMAG0091.jpg

Stock engine bay
IMAG0097.jpg

And the first mod I do to my talons LOL trim down the shifter.
IMAG0105.jpg

Currently working on shaving the trunk of this hideous thing
IMAG0386.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back