The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder 96 spyder exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know what exhausts fit a 96 spyder gs? I’m mainly looking for a axle back. Also, I was wondering if the RS and GS models including the spyder share the same exhaust because I saw that the GSX has a much shorter connection.

Last edited:
All fwd exhausts follow the same routing from the cat back. Turbo cars and spyders have dual tipped mufflers. I currently have a cat back from a 3g GT on my GS-T. Same size piping and routing, but the large, single tipped mufflers sounds better than a stock 2g unit

Yup gsx and gst have slightly different exhaust layouts. Gsx exhaust has to clear the rear drivetrain junk included in the AWD package.

If you want to go engine back you will also have a different downpipe then the turbo models, but you probably already knew that

All fwd exhausts follow the same routing from the cat back. Turbo cars and spyders have dual tipped mufflers. I currently have a cat back from a 3g GT on my GS-T. Same size piping and routing, but the large, single tipped mufflers sounds better than a stock 2g unit
Even for a 420a vs a 4G63 is the same routing? I've seen some brands that have two different catback system part numbers, one for N/T and one for GS-Ts. I'm trying to find one for a Spyder GS with the 4G64 so I'm not sure which would bolt up correctly to my catalytic converter.

Even for a 420a vs a 4G63 is the same routing? I've seen some brands that have two different catback system part numbers, one for N/T and one for GS-Ts. I'm trying to find one for a Spyder GS with the 4G64 so I'm not sure which would bolt up correctly to my catalytic converter.
Yes, even non turbo cars. Some FWD exhaust systems run the rearmost section under the subframe (hks), but regardless, they are all interchangeable.

420a exhaust has a different part numbr cause of they use a smaller diameter pipe than the turbo models. If you have a 4g64 you can use either a 420a or 4g63 FWD catback. If you go with a 3" GST exhaust, you might loose some low end because of the valve overlap (back pressure). So basically when the intake and exhaust valves are open at the same time, back pressure helps keep the unburnt air-fuel mixture from going out the exhaust port.

this is a 420a
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

here is a gsx. the exhaust is kinda hanging down in the first pic but you can still see the way its routed

Thank you so much! That was extremely helpful, I appreciate all the photos and info!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back