The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Neon to Eclipse tranny swap [Merged 9-9]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OP, just need to switch the bell housing and maybe do axle seals while you're there (also check input shaft seal).

You will notice the ratio difference though. I'm currently running a 3.55 in my daily. Kind of annoying with the mostly stock power (though I do have 10.5 to 1's in there. Helps it lug a bit more). I end up driving around in 1st-4th gear unless I'm on the highway.

MB

So, now I'm doing a parts search. Because the guy who had the 95 tranny won't get back to me.
What my question is which option of neon do I search for?... This is a list of what options they give me

A.T., 3 speed
M.T., ACR
M.T., R/T
A.T., 4 speed
M.T., exc. R/T and ACR
I know I'm looking for a single cam version, but which one of these has got the NV T350 3.55, in it?....

Well I just finished my neon tranny swap, every thing went together great!
I ended up using a 2001 neon tranny with 8000 miles on it. ( I payed 700 for it)
I blew my old tranny up so bad, that had even had holes in the bell housing.
Thankfully I didn't get the 95 transmission, just to find out later my bell housing was bad during the swap. But I just wanted to say thanks for every ones help!!
It isn't easy to drop 700 bucks, on something that may or may not work, Ya know?...
Ya'll should of seen the guys face at the salvage yard, when I told him I was gonna use this neon tranny in my Eclipse, PRICELESS LOL!!

Just want to make sure because im going to a few local junkyards and if I cant find a decent eclipse trans then im gonna get it from a neon. Does it have to be the SOHC or can it be a DOHC. Im pretty sure its the sohc but i need to be 100% sure I buy the right one. My car is a 97 eclipse RS. I have all the information I need to modify the cable clutch part. Thanks guys

Yea, it will work and if you get one from a 2001+ neon they have a hydraulic clutch,so you won't have to swap the bell housings.
Do a little more research, I might be wrong on 2001+
I have a 2002 SOHC neon tranny in my car right now.I put it in a while back and I had a lot of info, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Here you go......
http://www.neons.org/forumdodge/trans.htm

Wats up Domo?? Lol..............but yeah like he said I'm gonna get a 95 Talon Esi. And the guy said he put in an 05 Dodge Neon tranny in it.....Is it possible? Better? Sounds crazy/cool to me.........

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back