The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

96 GSX timing belt broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef72489

Probationary Member
May 30, 2012
Syracuse, New_York
it is exactly what the title says. Timing belt went on me this weekend while driving about 40mph. Pulled the head, valves all bent, needs rebuilt head, and pistons are all scored up. Any body know of a good shop around here, or have any advice for me!!!!!!

it is exactly what the title says. Timing belt went on me this weekend while driving about 40mph. Pulled the head, valves all bent, needs rebuilt head, and pistons are all scored up. Any body know of a good shop around here, or have any advice for me!!!!!!

C3 Automotive Machine in Foxboro has been very good to me and a friend with a 420a. He has done very quality work at a good price. Your head will need new valve guides, valve job, valves, valve seals, and will need to be decked. You are looking at near 500 in labor and parts. You may be better off trying to find one rebuilt with receipts.

I would recommend Dynotech Tuning in Seekonk. Brian is an awesome guy, and knows what hes doing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back