The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

96 gst spyder starting from scratch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabam

Probationary Member
Sep 11, 2012
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
I'm just started build my gst for the past month currently just put a new stock clutch kit for now till winter when I can take my shep trannys that needs a new bellhousing so I just put another stock trans in till winter when I can rip apart the whole car hell yeah. So my first this was to put the battery in the trunk I really didn't want it were the spare went so I did a little customizing on the pass side panel here a pick I think it looks pretty good... can't upload them onto my thread yet but gonna try in my pics....so basically I just ran 2 gauge from trunk wit 100 amp breaker to junction under hood. Then 4 gauge to fuse box. Then 2 gauge from alt to the starter the 2 gauge to the junction. Simple as that... more to come.

Dam can't believe it I finally got to start my car n it seems to be running alot better n wit the battery in the trunk. Its running a steady 14.1 even when every thing turning on everything like before when I had all lights on n putting top up n down not even a slight dim..... I must of done something right LOL.... more to come.

Well I was highly advised to do all the maintenance first before I even think about upgrading. So I stood back and wow I had alot ahead of me cause the kid that had the car before me didn't seem to have any brains on what he was doing to the car, because when I first looked at it when I was buying it, I knew it needed alot of work. So my first inspect when pulling up I was like wow its pretty nice looking well from the drivers side. So I started to walk around n seen it need some ground effects on the passenger side well that's no problem that's all cosmetic not really worried about that now. So then I put the hood up wow I was n inch away from getting back into my Jeep n heading back home. So I took a breath an this is what I saw oil oil oil everywhere I mean everywhere even in places that oil shouldn't be well guess what it was there. The kid said its not that bad n I asked him Weres it coming from an he said he don't know but he said it doesn't use any oil an I bought lost it inside my head with laughter. So besides all the oil I was looking at the setup for one I know u shouldn't have the bov venting to the atmosphere n he did, but other than that had Injen intake with a greedy bov n that's it. So had him start it up an wow holy shit a cloud of smoke started pouring out the ass end n I asked WTF man u said this car runs good other than some cosmetic repairs. He says it goes away after bout 10 mins. So 10 mins went by with just having it idling and it went away. So we started to negoiate the price he wanted $2200 for it and I said you won't get that from me man with all that smoke out the ass end. So he then asked what will u give me for it an I just thrown out a number n I said $800 n then he said give me $900 and its yours n ill throw in another turbo he had laying around. So I said sold thinking in my mind WTF am I doing but I knew I can fix it just some time n effort. I got it home it drove find all the way home 2 n half hrs later. Other than that all that f in smoke it drove pretty nice an sounded pretty good so that kinda put a smile on my face.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back