The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 96 GST injectors 3 & 4 stuck open until key off. Runs on 1 & 2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSR-VR

Proven Member
Oct 7, 2012
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
The what: 1987 MR2 - 2G DSM ECU and harness - 1G DSM CAS unit - Stock sensors - Stock Injectors etc
Engine runs and cylinders 1 and 2.

- Injectors open at crank and stay open until key off. Confirmed with friend starting the car and me holding the injectors in my hands. They tick once and let out fuel and stay open.
- Injectors have been cleaned before hand and even swapped with known and new injectors. same symptoms.
- I have adequate fuel pressure with a nice aftermarket FPR @ 43.5 psi.
- I have spark across all cylinders.
- Replaced fouled plugs with NGKs with correct gap.
- Injectors have continuity from plug to ECU for power AND switched ground.
- Wiring for 1G CAS unit was done properly with solder and heat shrink with no cold solder joints.

1G - CAS unit checks out as good and have tested back to back with units off of running car. Ditto for ECU. (used both a 95 EPROM and 96)
- My grounds are cleaned and suitable within the entire harness.
- I have went so far as to peel apart the harness to see if there are any breaks or damage. Found nothing.
- I am getting power to the ECU and out of it at the correct PINs.
- I have all my sensors hooked up. * Coolant Temp * Front and Rear 02* MAP * TPS * CAS * MAF * etc

Another strange thing that happens is if you turn the CAS by hand with the engine off, injectors 3 and 4 will tick normally. Again, tried different CAS units and still has the same effect.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I do not know what else to do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back