The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

96 eclipse street build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I took my rods to the shop. I have decided that I'm going to take my block to the machine shop and bore my cylinders. I had standard size pistons, but i'm going to buy new pistons and a new crank shaft. Il do some research on my stuff my build just kind of went to shit but im gonna start from scratch and try my hardest to do every thing right and do this build with caution.

Seriously man I bought my first DSM also at the age of 17 (I am now 18). You have a lot of learning to do, I would really start by reading around this forum. I learned a lot just by searching. Almost every question you have asked could have been easily found by searching. In regards to the build I would stop and take some time to plan for your build before you end up buying the wrong parts and causing more damage. DSM's are awesome cars if you build them right.

:ohdamn: have fun pulling that motor or do us all a favor sell it to someone who knows what there doing. You said your 17 and broke go buy a Honda for your "go fast car" until you know what your doing when it comes to turboing a car for real man your worried about putting a LSD in your car you have no supporting mods for your " go fast car " pistons are a good start but that's just the start when turboing a non-turbo car like it was said before a LSD is the last thing you should be considering right now, get your everthing you need to build it right do it right the first time otherwise your going to be constantly broke with what your doing you put forged pistons in your car and you think thats it. Here you go i did the research for you http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112376&d=1281394098 (click on the attached file it gives you the part list of everything you need) have fun but the amount of money you need to turn this thing into being something good you might as well buy a 4g63 eclipse, or get a 1g non turbo since they come with the 4g63 already:hmm:
I have the turbo, I have the Manifold, I have the wastegate, I have the blow off valve, oil feed and return lines, intercooler kit, vacuum hose and a valve for the vacuum, High power fuel injector hose, Fuel cut defender, NGK sparkplugs SFMU vortex fuel unit, i have boost gauge and a glowshift kit(It came with the car) and 450cc injectors.... so i have everything for the turbo i just dont have the tuning accessories. like ms, wideband, I dont think i need the port fueler if i have ms I want to replace the turbo for a garrett turbo. I thought that SFMU was a fuel pressure regulator?

I would take a step back and look at the project as a whole. You mention being a broke 17 yr old. Yet your going to have the block machined and get new pistons, etc, etc. Is it even worth it?? The car needs A LOT of motor work and A LOT of body work. For the amount of money your going to have wrapped up in the car, you could EASILY have a clean N/T or a Turbo model. Id cut my losses, part that thing out and buy something completely stock. A nice running NT can be had for super cheap.

Before you even talk about setting the car up with a turbo, you should get the car running right and good in its stock form.

If it where me, Id sell everything I don't need to fund a stock rebuild for the motor. Then enjoy the car, while I learn how to mod and work on it properly in time.

Adding the turbo setup into this mix is going to make things more complicated for you.

Just my .02.

I would take a step back and look at the project as a whole. You mention being a broke 17 yr old. Yet your going to have the block machined and get new pistons, etc, etc. Is it even worth it?? The car needs A LOT of motor work and A LOT of body work. For the amount of money your going to have wrapped up in the car, you could EASILY have a clean N/T or a Turbo model. Id cut my losses, part that thing out and buy something completely stock. A nice running NT can be had for super cheap.

Before you even talk about setting the car up with a turbo, you should get the car running right and good in its stock form.

If it where me, Id sell everything I don't need to fund a stock rebuild for the motor. Then enjoy the car, while I learn how to mod and work on it properly in time.

Adding the turbo setup into this mix is going to make things more complicated for you.

Just my .02.

The car already had turbo in it from the previous owner, I want to keep the car because i want something to be proud of myself for and for the memories ive already made in the car and the bounding ive made, I also want to prove the people wrong whos always told me i cant do anything with my life because there all haters and i want to prove that i can do it. I do want to buy a car with a 4g63 in it and everything.

Hey, gofishy10.. I dont know who you think you are but I have skimmed through all of your posts on this forum and 98% of them are completely worthless.. So who's the n00b? I can already tell you have little to no experience with your own car so stop trying to act high and mighty to this kid who is just asking questions. Get off your high horse and help him if you actually have any knowledge of motors at all. You literally haven't said anything intelligent in any of your posts or anything helpful period in this forum from what I'm reading. Plus this is a build thread, if he's going to make mistakes, let him make them. Get off his nuts everyone. Instead of laughing, help.

To the OP, good luck with the build, man. I understand as a 17 yr old kid money isn't always in abundance so keep on keeping on and do this build the right way but slowly if need be. Wish you the best, bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with the build, I'm 17 also and just bought my first DSM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back