The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

96 eclipse street build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lol you need to step back and take a breath. I never said you were doing a shitty job.. The fact you nearly killed yourself, but more so someone else is beyond furiating (spelling?).

Also being 17, lack of knowledge, just doesn't seem like its going to get you anywhere. Especially a decent and safe running vehicle. Cry about it, get mad, I could give a $hit less, but putting others life at risk for your incompetency is no reason to agree with this. By the way it's best to "LEARN" and have "fun" on a proper running vehicle.

Like I said if anyone wants to help me learn more about my motor I'm perfectly fine I'm not getting pissed ### I don't give a shit about what you think about my car I'm gonna take the motor out and stick it in my base ment and have a machine shop look at my stuff and replace my rods and maybe my pistons i don't know the guy that did my wiring before did a half ass job so I need figure it out, but my plans are to build my engine up on a stand with taxes and me and my friend are going to re paint it to my best ability, and get my transmition taken out I did all my torque specs and everything on the motor using a overhauled service manual I found on google. And move on with my project I'm not being a #ick when I said I will take help if you would want to inbox me if you want to call me I would appreciate it and did not mean to get pissed about all he last post I'm sorry. I will post pics with what I want to do with my motor and am more than willing to learn more. Thank you.

Trial and error buddy. I started working on cars with my dad ever since i was like 9 years old as a little hobby, which turned into my passion. I got a 1990 bmw when i was 14 which i completely restored, rebuilt motor, and slapped a nice holset turbo on. Hell, my bmw looked pretty much the same as your eclipse. Granted, i did have the support of my father and he allowed me to purchase everything i needed and work on it in our garage at home. But i learned so much from that little car, now i'm 17 as well just like you. Trust me, when you post on a forum especially as a "noob" and everyone knows you are young.. it is like throwing gas on their fire. No offence to anyone ;)
Cars ARE a money pit, that is inevitable. You either do your own work, fail, try again and make it work and gain knowledge. OR you can just let a professional do it and you won't learn anything about your car and spend a lot of money. If you are in high school, consider taking an autos class if your school offers it, i know that helps a lot and is a great experience to become knowledgeable and have some hands on experience with all types of work in the automotive field. Even if you are in college, i know there are schools which also have an automotive department which you could join. Actually, it would be ideal for you because most teachers there let you actually bring your car and work on it during "class".

Anyways, that is just my little support/moral boost for you. However, i must also say you do not have the ideal car for a start. I understand money is tight..but it would be better, in the long run, if you had a better starting car that was not beat up so much to learn on. But like i said, everything is possible if you really want it to be. Good luck.

Oil was on my pistons and oil was black when I drained it only ran it for 40 mins max

See oil! Lol

Someone said there burnt but I need to lap them or replace them

Hmmm..

Just chillin in my basement :thumb:

My homies :hellyeah:

My bitches!!!! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 76
Is there a unlimited slide track for my car? I don't know the name and I can't find anything online

LSD limited slide differential I found it after looking stuff up

Lol.. You have the money for that (the wrong LSD at that), but won't buy decent internals to support the build your attempting!? You make no freaking sense you know that.

Yeah buddy i would take a step back and listen to these guys by the look of what you have as your mods you have done nothing to support your T3, i.e fuel injectors, dsmlink, so on and so on.... so start there first before you go putting in a LSD, otherwise your going to end up pulling that motor again

I have je piston and eagle h-beam rods I'm not planning on putting it on I like to dream big LOL but I have 450cc injectors in it if that's what your looking for

There's a lot more to it than injectors, pistons, and rods. You need supporting mods (more than just injectors) and internals to support them, as grothe3297venge said. You should check out the upgrade paths so you don't need to keep doing things over and over when you blow things up. Waste of money IMO.

Oh...and a $950 LSD is one of the last things I would do.

I have je piston and eagle h-beam rods I'm not planning on putting it on I like to dream big LOL but I have 450cc injectors in it if that's what your looking for
:ohdamn: have fun pulling that motor or do us all a favor sell it to someone who knows what there doing. You said your 17 and broke go buy a Honda for your "go fast car" until you know what your doing when it comes to turboing a car for real man your worried about putting a LSD in your car you have no supporting mods for your " go fast car " pistons are a good start but that's just the start when turboing a non-turbo car like it was said before a LSD is the last thing you should be considering right now, get your everthing you need to build it right do it right the first time otherwise your going to be constantly broke with what your doing you put forged pistons in your car and you think thats it. Here you go i did the research for you http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112376&d=1281394098 (click on the attached file it gives you the part list of everything you need) have fun but the amount of money you need to turn this thing into being something good you might as well buy a 4g63 eclipse, or get a 1g non turbo since they come with the 4g63 already:hmm:

the lsd wont help you at all you have a 420A motor. look at your head looks like one of your spark plug holes is leaking oil into your pistons which might be a valve cover issue.. also your block if filthy looks like there might be oil on the block to.. pay more attention to the internals of your motor then looking at your extra add on.. you will need more work on your block pistons crank and make sure you pay attention to your cylinder head.. you want those built first before anything...

oh and don't let the other guys get to you.. it will be intimidating but take it slow and take a break don't over stress yourself

I just ignore people who give me a hard time as long as i enjoy what I'm doing I'm not planning on putting a LSD in my car I was just curious of what it was and how it would help a car, I have th motor pulled and it sitting in the machine shop in rapid and I'm taking my head down to the machine shop to have it checked out, as far as pistons and rods I'm broke idk if I should wait for my checks to build up to put forged rods and pistons in it because if I put regular pistons and rods in then I need to tune my boost down. I am thinking about looking for a eclipse with a 4g63 and sell the camaro I hear a lot of good things about 4g63 and I hear a lot of bad about 420a's but I already put my little time and effort into the car idk what to do.

If I bore my cylinders can I use standard size pistons with bigger piston rings on a .020 bore or do I have to buy new pistons?

If I bore my cylinders can I use standard size pistons with bigger piston rings on a .020 bore or do I have to buy new pistons?

I literally laughed out loud. As grothe said, try it.

I was just asking because someone was telling me to do that. But I should have known better

I was also wondering if I can do anything with my old pistons and rods?

Have your rods checked at a machine shop, if they are truly eagle rods you might get away with those. But if you over bore you NEED new pistons, no way around it. So you'll have to sell your others.

Holy shit, why are you guys acting like assholes? he is asking questions, and you respond with your sarcasm, really? Why not trying to help the guy instead of you acting like you know it all.

Ok guys i'm joking, yes it will be better to see a professional, but don't be too harsh on him. LOL

Original poster: Please try to at least use proper punctuation, its really hard to understand, helps the people that are looking for similar problems and also help us to be able to help you.

Before cleaning you pistons, when you have the money, take your bottom end (block, rods, pistons and crank) to get them check, ask "Can i use this pistons or my walls are to scratched and i need to buy .20 Pistons and rings for a .20? The motor was rebuild before so are this pistons .20 or standard? After that you can clean your pistons, carburetor cleaner works good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back