The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

96 eclipse rs injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty Mason

Probationary Member
Dec 23, 2017
Richmond, Virginia
i just replaces my injectors because my old ones were stuck in the open position. It was running prior to changing them out for new ones but now i have the new ones in and the motor cranks but doesn’t turn over. Any suggestions

is your fuel pressure within spec? are you getting spark?

where they all stuck open? how did you determine they were stuck open? cause changing the injectors wont help if you have a short to ground between the PCM/ECU and the injector

I got a friend of mine to call plug in his obd2 computer and it just said 3&4 were stuck open and I’m not sure about the fuel pressure. I know I’m not getting fuel pressure because the Schrader valve wasn’t releasing anything but i don’t know what cause my fuel pressure to drop.

check the ASD and fuel pump relays, they are on the firewall next to the brake fluid res.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And my friend said that my computer might not be recognizing the new injectors how likely is that and how do you reset the computer if that is the case

As long as you put the correct injectors back in, you don't have to do anything with the ECU. The ECU also will not throw a code that says the injectors are stuck open. It would throw a code for a rich condition if the motor would even run.

Check and see if the fuel pump is priming when you turn the key to the on position. It should turn on for a few seconds

As long as you put the correct injectors back in, you don't have to do anything with the ECU. The ECU also will not throw a code that says the injectors are stuck open. It would throw a code for a rich condition if the motor would even run.

Check and see if the fuel pump is priming when you turn the key to the on position. It should turn on for a few seconds
Yes the fuel pump turns on

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back