The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

96 Eclipse Rs 2.0 Non-turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donidavis

Probationary Member
Dec 4, 2010
Kinston, North_Carolina
Hey guys i just put a new engine in my 96 eclipse RS non turbo 2.0 DOHC 5 Speed and now my check engine light is on... its saying that my tranny and ECU are not communicating and maybe it is a crushed wire or somethings not plugged up. Well i checked all this yesterday and i didnt see anything wrong. So i tried to take it down the road but that didnt work out well. Its runs perfect in reverse But when im in 1st and i try to give it gas it stutters really bad and i cant shift at all! I even tried Double clutching but nothings working man IDK what to do im running out of options. I feel like just talking the whole damn engine out and starting over! What do you think man?

check your tranny to ecu sense it says that's where its throwing a flag< im taking it your running the 420a... (whatta good number for a engine..LOL)
maybe your clutch isnt aligned, like your disk and plate... but my guess is a sensor, or like you said a wire is shorted somewhere so imma go with the guy above triple check everything... u might just have forgotten a ground<

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back