The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

96 eclipse 2.0 non turbo hase code

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipselover96

Probationary Member
Oct 4, 2012
sheboygan, Wisconsin
the code is p1294 witch is target idle not reached any ideas i took the throttle body all apart put it back together and it didnt work the iac and tps all are working that i no off it happens for a whille then some times it is complety fine so i would apreciate if some one could help?

things that are done to it is a header and a 30mm throttle boddy. i thought it might be be cause of the throttle body but not sure i replaced pcv valve cause it wasnt working and it still didnt help

:hmm:That sounds like a really small throttle body. The stock throttle size is 52mm, so if you did go 30mm than that could be it. If you went with a larger size IMO it could be the IAC valve. I would also check the throttle cable for any excess slack.

Last edited:
it might be bigger i didnt put it on it cam like that when i bought it so i dont qwite know whats wrong when i bought it it didnt do it and it just recently started acting up i did there isnt much slack in the cable should there be a little and by little i mean how much cause i am just stuck and it gets old driving it like that all the time
also to go with what its doing it starts poping at 5500 rpms like its misfiring but dose it at only that rpm and when its worm never dose it when its cold what could that be

I had this exact problem on a 96 Talon N/A and it turned out to be an intake manifold leak. It drove me crazy trying to find the vacuum leak, spraying soapy water everywhere, and it wasn't until I sprayed the intake/head from underneath (pure desperation) that the idle settled down. Replaced the intake to head gasket and all was fixed. The ECU could never compensate for all the extra air and therefore couldnt reach the target idle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back