The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

96 eagle talon tsi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdabishop

Proven Member
Nov 9, 2012
mesa, Arizona
So im new here and was wanting input on the talon tsi i picked up. I purchase the car for $1,300 and has only cosmetic issues and was wondering is that a decent deal?

Also would it be worth it to rebuild motor and is there a guide here somewhere?

IMO there is no reason to rebuild a perfectly good running engine. I say leave it alone until you need to do something like that.

$1300 is not a bad deal for a running car. :)

Ok i thought it was a good deal but the old owner put a body kit on it and its primed so thanks for input.

Now this might be a dumb question as well but the gas pedal is really tough unlike my other vehicles is that a known issue or is it stuck?

That's not normal, should be easy to push... check your throttle cable to see if it's sticking at all, or perhaps the previous owner deleted the cruise control and it's not adjusted right?

Alright and is there any solution i should use to free us the cable? I mean its literally rough and but it wouldnt be the pedal like sticking or anything? That's the only issue i have as of now besides cosmetics

i am having the same issue with my 95 tsi.. would love to know how to adjust the throttle cable... its set so tight the car is idling at around 3000 rpm, it doesnt even allow the throttle to turn back against the idle screw

Not a bad deal. If you want to keep your vehicle reliable don't modify it at all :D. Any modification generally requires a few supporting modifications. Don't skimp on anything if you do it. Welcome to the DSM community!

Up on the intake manifold is a little rail that the throttle cable goes through...there's a couple nuts on there that you can loosen and introduce some slack into the cable. I had the same issue, when mine heated up it would idle at about 2500 rpm. Now that may not be a permanent fix for your situation as there are a few reasons for high idle but it should bring it down for the time being.

You guys with the throttle issues, don't mess around with having a sticky throttle. Try and fix it as soon as you can.

Good deal on the tsi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back