The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

'96 BMW 3 series? Fast, or slow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laser93Nash

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2003
Bettendorf, Iowa
I have a few quick questions. How fast are 1996 BMW 3 series 1.9 4cyl coupes? Just for future refrences. Cause there is this kid with one with a big, ugly a$$ muffler on it. It sounds like sh!t. The car looks nice, but sounds like a Honda! :confused: Would a 1g non-turbo 2.0 5spd DSM atleast stand a chance? They are only rated at like 138 hp and 133 tq. Again just curious. Later

~Andrew~ :laser:

Also this is the only mod this kid has done to this car. And lets say a 1g n/t 5spd with turbo cams, intake and header. Oh and my muffler! :rolleyes:

~Andrew~ :laser:

ive never seen the 1.9 liter 3 series, never heard of them, but the 2.5 litre 3 series in 96 had 168hp, so im sure its around the same hp as the non turbo, plus their propably heavier, i guess its all up to the driver, IMO.

are you talking about the 318? i dunno what engine is in that but i know the others are all 6cyl

ya the 96 3-series all had the inline 2.5's...

THe Z3 convert. had a base 4 cylinder that is pathetic...(newer ones 99+ are better)

uumm.... yeah

He must be talking about the 318i, which would be a 4 cylinder.

now the last 2 numbers after the series number on the BMW's usually means liter size of the engine.

so the 325i would be a 2.5 liter, 330i is the 3 liter engine, except the 318i which is a 1.9 liter.

Also they aren't all 6 cylinders, they did come in 4 cylinders. Search 318i on the net, they will all be 1.9 liter 4 cylinders.

http://www.autopedia.com/Bmw/96_318.html

If its an auto, don't worry about beating it. My old 1990 nissan sentra held up to a automatic 325i, thats sad. But a manual 325i with a dinan chip, exhaust, and an intake can be a pretty fun car, especially if it has a LSD, then its fun as shit, my friend had one like that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back