The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

95Eclipse GSX w/ 92 6bolt.. Misfire..etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sk8rRevoLT

Probationary Member
Apr 23, 2012
Van Nuys, California
I have a 95 eclipse gsx with a 6 bolt swap 92 and im having a misfire occur.. stock ecu.. replaced parts here and ther got a 3 inch pipe for intercooler and 3 inch exhast straight pipe no cat. with no o2 sensor (rear) i get cel for that and i am running rich.. i get the maf cel as well since i dont haev the translator which i need to get and not sure ### itll do for a change my bov is aftermarket stock turbo right nnew ignition wires and spark plugs ngks.. and stock fuel injectors.. im getting a mad random cylinder misfire anyone could help me out with this.. i will post fotos of my engine and car... thanks to all

(REposted due to admin wanting specifics...) when i need help..

Also when i got the car my intake manifold coil ignition was lose big time and i had the guy end up fixing it up but he kinda did it in a odd way were it kinda stick out more rather then it being more underneath with the manifold idk if that would cause an issue? and how would i be able to check if that iginiotn isnt causing my misfire first of all? with carb clean be okay to spray?

bump.. anyone input please....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
DSM 4G63 Maintenance Guide - DSMtuners
This is always a good start..

I had the same problem, just changed spark plugs and I was fine.
And yes carb cleaner would be fine, just follow directions like you normaly would.
Is that BOV recerculated?
Car looks really good by the way.

Okay ill check it out thank you. Uhmm i got new spark plugs and wires tho from ngk i wouldnt think it be those. When i statt car fresh in morning works perfect when it gets to max temp which is normal doesnt overheat it will misfore if i hit high speeds with like constistant 3k rpm idl why an iac makes my idle keep going high which i need to replace any of those wud make it happen also i have no rear o2 wud it cause that? And thank u i love this car i dont wanna scrap it u know idk my bov might be its on a pipe that goes to my intercooler wud it be okay or re do it to intake? I need maft too swap so its cel

You may need a new CAS. Most people (like myself) have new actual problems with the misfire code when switching to 6 bolts because the CAS does a decent job of simulating the crank sensor. The misfire code comes from not utilizing the crank trigger sensor that comes with the OBDII eclipses. Besides just deleting the code with a tuning setup (like ecuflash/ceddymods), you can actually get a setup that will delete the issue and not "band-aid" it as some why put it. (even if there is no real existing issue other than the DTC) One method is Kiggly's 6 bolt trigger plate, which i have heard works great. Another is a less known method where you take the front case off of an OBII hyundai sonata that comes with a 6-bolt N/a 4g63. This has the provision for the sensor. (and of course there is custom fab if you feel up to it LOL)

Hope this helps. :D

(Seriously though, make sure you wired it in correctly, and that the wires are good, and that you properly switched plug wires) :thumb:

Looks like your bov is not recerculated but you still have the bov hose comming off the intake snorkle is it plugged?

Also you should look for a black top cas since its a hall effect sensor it might help you out

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back