The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

95 Tsi Vs. 98 Cobra

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

95redtransam

Probationary Member
Feb 10, 2004
texas city, Texas
Tonight I was at a gas station and a guy was talking crap in his 98 Cobra. So we decided to race. We went from about 15 mph. Through first we were side by side, second still the same, third still the same. Then I went to fourth and at about 110 he pulled on me. I stopped then. I was very surprised at how even we were. We pulled over after that and he told me that he was a 5 spd with intake and exhaust, I saw under the hood. He was going crazy when he saw that I only had an intake and boost guage. Im a 5 spd FWD by the way. So all in all Im very happy. Now I need to slap on my boost control and BOV and I should blow him away. Let me know if you think that sounds about right.

Rolling starts with fwd = :thumb:...98 Cobras aren't that fast.They are suppose to run 13.9s I believe(if you can drive). My friend has one and I beat it with only acouple mods. Not to talk crap on cobras but some are over rated. :dsm:

Yea t-25
I really thought he would kill me considering stock for stock he has like a second advantage. But I raced a 95 gt the other day and beat him. He had intake, exhaust, pulleys, throttlebody, 5spd. So I guess thats right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back