The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

95 tsi awd. help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon1616

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 7, 2010
Erlanger, Kentucky
Im buying a 1995 eagle talon tsi awd. It had a factory t25 turbo in it. Now it has a small 16g turbo. Which one is better. and what should i run this 16g on. How much psi. Im not racing it but i want it fast. I dont want to ruin anything tho.

Also is there something i can do to control how much psi i run.

Thanks.

Guys, you're not helping any if you just tell him to search, It is suggested if you say that, you should also offer something to the thread topic at hand.

Anyways.

It's really easy to install a 16g. It just bolts in place of the 14b. Just unbolt, and bolt up.
Turbo swap on a 90 AWD

But REALLY. I suggest you read up. Maintain before modding. Seriously, if you mod a car with problems, it's going to blow up.
Get a timing belt kit done on the car. Change the oil, Change the trans fluid. Change the rear end fluid.
Spark plugs
Plug wires
o2 sensor
I can go on and on here.

Please. Do yourself a favor. Read up on everything. I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I really hope you understand. If you need to ask if it's safe to put a 16g on, or need a mechanic to do it, you're not ready for a 16g.

I suggest learning how to do your work yourself, it's a much better feeling knowing you know exactly what you did to your own car. Plus a mechanic will charge you up the ass to do work on these cars, if not do something wrong (yes, do something wrong)
These cars are very picky. Very very picky. I've been in this game for two years now. Please, heed what I'm saying. Maintain your car, get to know it. Do the work yourself. THEN start modding.

I wish you the best of luck with your new car!

--Scott

Guys, you're not helping any if you just tell him to search, It is suggested if you say that, you should also offer something to the thread topic at hand.

Anyways.

It's really easy to install a 16g. It just bolts in place of the 14b. Just unbolt, and bolt up.
Turbo swap on a 90 AWD

But REALLY. I suggest you read up. Maintain before modding. Seriously, if you mod a car with problems, it's going to blow up.
Get a timing belt kit done on the car. Change the oil, Change the trans fluid. Change the rear end fluid.
Spark plugs
Plug wires
o2 sensor
I can go on and on here.

Please. Do yourself a favor. Read up on everything. I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I really hope you understand. If you need to ask if it's safe to put a 16g on, or need a mechanic to do it, you're not ready for a 16g.

I suggest learning how to do your work yourself, it's a much better feeling knowing you know exactly what you did to your own car. Plus a mechanic will charge you up the ass to do work on these cars, if not do something wrong (yes, do something wrong)
These cars are very picky. Very very picky. I've been in this game for two years now. Please, heed what I'm saying. Maintain your car, get to know it. Do the work yourself. THEN start modding.

--Scott
i plan on changing timing belt kit and all that stuff. i can do that myself. what turbo will bolt right up. the small or big 16g. and if i bolted it on there. would the car need anything else done or would it be ready to drive.

Anyways.

Turbo swap on a 90 AWD

Spark plugs
Plug wires
o2 sensor
I can go on and on here.

--Scott

Scott.... i see what you are trying to do, and i agree its great to give advice. But when people fail to even try searching, its when we have a problem on the forum. This sort of thread gets created everyday, and at least a couple each day.

I give you credit on spending the 10 minutes you did on giving him so info, however this young buck needs to learn to search. He can find EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING he will need, considering he probably wont even get his hands dirty working on the car himself.

Now as stated already. Search. There are even upgrade paths to follow. You have a lot to learn. Before you start upgrading i suggest you read, i spend a year learning and reading before i felt comfortable to start modding.

Please, search.

You have started 3 threads in the last day alone all pertaining to this car you dont even have yet, or asking questions about selling yours. Most of the questions you are asking are common simple questions, that have been answered at least 100,00 times on this forum already.

Now, be a big boy and search

You can't replace your 14b with a bolt-on 16g yourself, but you can change the timing belt yourself? You do realize the timing belt is far more difficult then swapping the turbo to a 16g don't you?

get a chiltons or a haynes....they will help you do your own work ......if you atleast have a little mechanical knowledge u can try

The turbo swap is MUCH easier than a full timing & balancer belt change.

1g cars will have the 16g bolt right up without modification. You should leave PSI pressure at stock wastegate pressure until you get larger injectors (also need fuel pump, AFPR depending on fuel pump size, and a way to tune it all together)

If the 14b isn't bad, just leave that on there until you get the supporting fuel mods. It'll be much better and not to mention the 14b is a great turbo anyway and has put people in very low numbers.

Tech Guide: 1G 4G63t Upgrades - DSMtuners

Alright im getting a 95 talon tsi awd. has small 16g. I want to give it tune up and everything. im making a list and i want you guys to tell me what brand i should get.

Spark plugs:
Wires:
Oil:
Oil filter:
Tranny fluid(car is 5 speed):

anything else you think i should do to it other then belts. Just let me know and brand. Thanks. If you new price for all this to that would help but if not its alright i can look it up

Alright im getting a 95 talon tsi awd. has small 16g. I want to give it tune up and everything. im making a list and i want you guys to tell me what brand i should get.

Spark plugs:NGK brp6's
Wires:Whatever the auto store has, will be sufficient.
Oil:I use mobil1 synthetics in my car 10w-30 (around $25 for a big jug)
Oil filter:Wix filters are good, I don't recommend Fram filters, they have the neat grip end on it, but worthless filters.
Tranny fluid(car is 5 speed):Redline mt90

anything else you think i should do to it other then belts. Just let me know and brand. Thanks. If you new price for all this to that would help but if not its alright i can look it up

Answered up there. Also, if you're doing a tuneup, make sure your other big maintenance items have been taken care of recently (i.e. timing belt, water pump, etc). Also check your accessory belts for wear, and replace if need be.

Im looking at buying a new car. I found two i liked. the first one is a 1991 Eclipse gst and the other one is a 1995 eagle talon tsi. Here is a description of them.

1991 Eclipse GST
Body and interior is good. needs little body work
Stock turbo. whole car stock.
Transmission rebuilt last year in feb.
Needs a maf or fuel pump.
Needs coupler also
146xxx miles
$1200

1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
Needs new hood. needs front bumper fixed.
Needs body work not to bad though.
small 16g turbo
Think it has boost leak. Needs new lifters.
Might be big boost leak. small 16g dont spool til 4200 rpm.
Nice interior. leather black. Boost gauge, and comes with another gauge. the old t25 comes with it.(blew it up though)
140xxx miles
$2000

Just let me know what you think i should get and why.

Scott.... i see what you are trying to do, and i agree its great to give advice. But when people fail to even try searching, its when we have a problem on the forum. This sort of thread gets created everyday, and at least a couple each day.

I give you credit on spending the 10 minutes you did on giving him so info, however this young buck needs to learn to search. He can find EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING he will need, considering he probably wont even get his hands dirty working on the car himself.

Now as stated already. Search. There are even upgrade paths to follow. You have a lot to learn. Before you start upgrading i suggest you read, i spend a year learning and reading before i felt comfortable to start modding.

THIS times a million... This kid hasn't learned from last week with his 5 threads about the 95 Talon he wanted to buy and it's late spool issue. In fact there is THIS THREAD FROM 1am about this same 1g he is thinking of buying.

Correct me if i am wrong, but wouldn't he need larger injectors for the 16g?

For the full potential of the turbo yes. I currently am running an E3 16g on stockers... but my boost is at 9lbs as well.

To the OP:
As everyone else has said, searching is a huge and great tool on here as well as creating new threads to ask questions. you should invest, as said before, into a Chiltons or Haynes manual, or download a service manual: http://www.mirage-performance.com/tech/Manuals/DSM Service Manuals/
You can also check out http://www.vfaq.com and get a lof of good info from there as well.

Also, if you create one thread to ask questions about a car, continue using that thread instead of creating multiple ones since you have already started asking questions there. Most people browse all the threads reguardless of title... or at least I do.

Anyways, as stated above, the t25, 14b, 16g's, 18g's and I think some 20g's will all bolt on directly with nothing more than a a couple of gasket changes and a couple of copper crush washers for the banjo bolts that feed the turbo oil and coolant. The manuals will show you a more direct breakdown of how the turbo goes together. I wouldn't recommend anything more than a 16g without any further upgrades to the fuel system and intake.

Goodluck with the buy if you head in that direction

imo i would start looking for another car. The gst sounds like its in better shape and the parts wouldnt be that hard to fix. The tsi sounds like it has alot of problems, and if he blew up the t25 he was prob running the crap out of that car. I would start searching for another dsm. IMO

Any time you see a car that has an aftermarket turbo or transmission, and the reason for replacing it was "I blew the old one up" that sounds like the owner doesn't know how to drive. Idiot drivers and DSM's don't mix.

When I bought my Talon, it was completely stock (except for an intake pipe and filter) and I have only had minor issues which were cheap to fix. But then again, I don't take my car to a mechanic, I do it myself. I have spent around 200 bucks fixing all the small stuff that has needed to be fixed, which translates into around 2000 bucks that a mechanic would charge.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is... If you're spending mom and dad's money, feel free to buy a wrecked car and continue to dig it's grave for it. But if you rely on your own paychecks to fund your ride, then get one that doesn't need any work, and buy a Chilton. Keep the Chilton next to the toilet and every time you take a shit read up on how to fix various things (instead of using the laptop on the toilet to post 20 threads about the same thing). Then by the time something goes wrong, you'll at least know how to find the section in the manual (I can tell which section I'm in, by the color of fluid smeared on the pages). Good luck, and I hope this has helped a bit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back