The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

95 TSI AWD Build Named Bloo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

very nice build and awesome looking car. Keep up the good work and glad to here that you have not lost motivation as most would have! sub'd

Thanks, i have bigger plans for the car once i get over not wanting to strip or cut things off it simply because its just in too good of shape besides the paint.

I'm not sure what caused the lock up other than some side loading in the oil pump case, I had no signs of oil starvation on the bearings or anywhere else, and had good oil pressure the entire time. The pump did have helical gears, now I'm running straight cut gears.

The builds tab well... I stopped counting that a long time ago.

Now you made me think real hard. I have straight cut oil pump gears in my melling oil pump :thumb:

I hear ya on the build tab LOL. Just for shits and giggles a couple months ago I added the stuff up for my talon and came up with 1k for the car and 7k in mods with probably another 5-7k to go hahaha

when you bled your 3g lifters, how did you go about doing it? I just bought a set for when I fix my valve stem seals and want to do everything right the first time

Now you made me think real hard. I have straight cut oil pump gears in my melling oil pump :thumb:

I hear ya on the build tab LOL. Just for shits and giggles a couple months ago I added the stuff up for my talon and came up with 1k for the car and 7k in mods with probably another 5-7k to go hahaha

when you bled your 3g lifters, how did you go about doing it? I just bought a set for when I fix my valve stem seals and want to do everything right the first time

I do have a folder that's a few inches thick with receipts. ;)

i just filled a small bowl with some motor oil and placed them in it, then take a small pin and press inside the lifter with it to bleed them and i just pump them up and down till im satisfied all the air is out then install.

I do have a folder that's a few inches thick with receipts. ;)

i just filled a small bowl with some motor oil and placed them in it, then take a small pin and press inside the lifter with it to bleed them and i just pump them up and down till im satisfied all the air is out then install.

Awesome thats what ill do then! Thanks man! What kind of pin do you use and which hole do you put it in? The side hole down low or the top hole?

Awesome thats what ill do then! Thanks man! What kind of pin do you use and which hole do you put it in? The side hole down low or the top hole?

Anything stiff small and long enough to fit in the top hole. i used a small allen key.

Congrats on getting the car back up looking forward to seeing so 10sec passes.

Small update.

Went to the local 1/8th mile drag strip to work out a few things and see how much it has improved from my avg 7.7 around 95mph times.

First pass off the trailer netted me a 7.4 at 104mph pass ;)

Everything looked good on the log so i upped the boost from the low 28psi to about 32psi, and prepared to bring a 6.9 slip home, sadly did my sick little awd burnout then lined up and launched nice then boom, left rear axle has broken :hellyeah:

So now im home waiting till tomorrow to access the total damage.

lakeland_run_7.4.jpg

Well last time i updated this i broke the car so ima tell you wgat broke and what times i run at the 1/4 mile track today.

The parts i broke from the 1/8th mile include the stock 2 spider center diff and a driver side rear axle.

photo5_zpsfec79374.jpg

photo6_zps59b506ea.jpg

Luckily enough of the center diff survived that i could weld it up.

After fixing all that i prepared for a even called fl2k13 at bradenton motorsports park.

The first run off the trailer i rolled off the line because i never ran the car hard after the rear axle and center diff broke.

Rolling out gave me a 12.5 at 131mph boost was 30 psi.

Next pass i launched good and pulled a 11.07 at 133 LOL

photo1_zpsb8005225.jpg

I was running in a 11.50 index class so i turned the boost down from 30psi to about 28psi, run again and launched great with a insane 1.61 60 foot and let off at about the 1k foot mark to pull a 10.9 at 124

photo4_zpsd08b5461.jpg

I am very happy to get that first 10 second pass now, but not at that moment. :p

After that i decided to leave the boost at 28 and try and let out sooner, launched with a 1.72 60 foot let off and even hit the brakes about the 1k foot mark for a 11.1 at 109

I then decided to drop the boost way down for eliminations, i dont know what boost it was because i broke the front passenger side axle.

So maybe next time after i fix whats broke AGAIN i will get some passes in where im not limited by a index. :thumb:

Congrats man! Im going to be heading to PBIR Friday you should go to run the car all out.

Thanks, it was nice meeting you guys, ima start working on the car after work today and I will try and come out but won't have any guarantees.

Christ.....this post makes me want to sell my gst before I get any further. :|

hey wouldnt let me pm you i live in davenport bout 40min from sebring sent you a friend request picked up a shell off a buddy and wanted to know if you could pm me or text me 863-399-3053 Adam and we can talk about me picking up some parts got cash in hand thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back