The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

95 Talon TSI AWD - Rebuild Ground up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serrilion

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2012
N.Ferrisburg, Vermont
Hello DSM Members,

This build is for my 1995 Talon TSI AWD. I got the rust free shell from a friend for doing some work. I also Owned a 98 Talon TSI AWD that rusted out / CW on me.

Pictures and Info below. I will index the post best I can for You!

INDEX:

1. Re- Building the 95 Shell from Nothing to roughly Stock

The Day I got the 95 Shell...
101,200 on the clock
IMAG0820.jpg

IMAG0827.jpg

IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0823.jpg

Engine bay... perfect for a re paint and install
IMAG0821.jpg

IMAG0822.jpg

Strut Towers with No rust!!! OMG for in Vermont
IMAG0829.jpg

IMAG0828.jpg

Under Body is fairly clean and rust free - Surface crap
IMAG0832.jpg

The Donner Car.... May it ever rest in peace at 135k
Engine After it been raped of all its love
IMAG0837.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

How she sat for so long after a tree hit windshield ...
IMG_8756.jpg

IMG_4459-1.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

What Killed her....besides CW
IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

After getting her out of her resting place...
IMAG0838.jpg

Other Noted Parts off the Parts Car yet to be pictured....
550CC injectors, Megan Racing Springs...

More Pictures to Fallow of the Stripping of its life

LOL... thanks, Its very bare - the Felt tan interior is there.... Its a very very good shell... No bondo anywhere - part of the reat by left tail light small dent... LOL... will post pictures of more distruction to the donner...

damn not bad, i usually strip my cars all the way down to a bare shell when i get them to go over them, clean it and replace anything that is getting weak or rusty. It will probally get frustrating as you get into the work of rebuilding the shell but stick with it and it will be worth it. now is also the time to do it right the first time and not just throw it together. Do it right and u only do it once. You basically can make it feel and look like a brand new car again if u do it right! Right now i have my evo 8 down to a bare shell that i'm rebuilding from the ground up with everything brand new, even reundercoating the entire car!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back