The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

95 talon transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudjug69

Proven Member
May 10, 2019
Quitman, Texas
I'm going to the wrecking yard today to find a transmission for my 95 Eagle Talon esi 5 speed. What all cars have the same transmission? I know an eclipse and talon are the same but if the don’t have any what other cars can I look for?

95-99 Dodge Avenger/Chrysler Sebrings with the 420a have the same transmissions as our cars. im not sure what transmission v6 avengers have.

95-2000 Dodge Stratus/Plymouth Breeze would work but im not sure if they need the bell housing swapped or not or even if they came with a MT option. If the car has a hydraulic clutch it will work without a bell housing swap.

2.4 NA pt cruisers should be a direct swap but im not sure if its only 2000-2005 models or if it is all years.

you can use a 95-00 neon transmission but you have to swap bell housings for your slave cylinder to bolt up. the ones i highlighted should be a direct swap
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

95-99 Dodge Avenger/Chrysler Sebrings with the 420a have the same transmissions as our cars. im not sure what transmission v6 avengers have.

95-2000 Dodge Stratus/Plymouth Breeze would work but im not sure if they need the bell housing swapped or not or even if they came with a MT option. If the car has a hydraulic clutch it will work without a bell housing swap.

2.4 NA pt cruisers should be a direct swap but im not sure if its only 2000-2005 models or if it is all years.

you can use a 95-00 neon transmission but you have to swap bell housings for your slave cylinder to bolt up. the ones i highlighted should be a direct swap
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks man for a quick reply! I’ll have to check all those cars cause the website for the wrecking yard doesn’t show any Eagle talons and only shows one eclipse but it’s a 3g. But who knows when the last time they updated their website was. Really trying to get this car on the road soon before gas shoots up and it cost me an arm and a leg to drive my Lexus is300 (premium fuel only problems)

I’m at the wrecking yard and the only tranny I found is from a 2002 pt cruiser and the transmission looks different than the one in my car?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back