The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

95 GSX...To Buy or Not to Buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHDOW90Talon

Probationary Member
Feb 21, 2005
Long Island, New_York
I have an offer on a 95 GSX with a motor that does not run and has body damage on the right side that I can fix and wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg, because I work at a body shop. He was asking $2000 but I was able to get it down to 1750, by the way I know he's probably making double the amount he paid for it. But I just wanted to see what some of your guys take is on this price.
I have a 90 Talon AWD in which I can swap the engine out of to put in the 95, if the engine is shot. How bad the enigine is I can't tell you. He says one day, the kid he bought it off of, one day he went to start the car and the engine just kept turning over but didn't start. I went to check it today but the timing belt was off from another person looking at it, so can't check that. The valve cover was off so I was able to check the rockers, and they felt tight. He also mentioned that he had a friend come over and scanned the ECU and he couldn't read anything, from what I understand the ECU doesn't work, so Im thinking that. Again Very unsure what the exact problem is.
Overall 1750, To Buy or Not to Buy? That is the question?

Oh yeah forgot to mention the car has 75000 miles on it and the interior is pretty much in mint condition besides the drivers seat has some wear on it from getting in and out of the car.

If everything else is in good condition and there is no frame damage then I would buy it. I would just use it for parts but swapping your engine in sounds like a good idea.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back