The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

95 GSX shakes when driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmfreak95

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2008
jackson, Tennessee
Hi guys, I just bought a gsx yesterday and noticed on the way home that it shakes extremely bad when I let off the gas (just coasting in gear). I'm not very familiar with the awd models since I've only owned the gst. Could this be because of bad u joints? It goes away when I accelerate and it doesn't seem to be making any noise. Any help would be appreciated.
Vehicle info:
95 Eclipse Gsx
Catback
Lowering springs

When my car start to do that shaking at 60-90 range, for me it means, time to change driveshaft U joints.

If it is not wheel balancing, there's a big possibility it is worn U Joints.
I also own two pickups (nissan, GM), the symptom and cure is the same.

Yeah my problem is only at high speeds. Not that I should be driving that fast but once I take it to drags Its better to know how its going to act then not knowing. 75-95mph. I'll check the U-joints this weekend too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back