The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build 95 GSX 800hp street monster Fp6466hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well it runs thankfully LOL. Did so much wiring work wasn't sure if it was all good or not. My power steering res had a pin hole leak some where so I'm just addressing that. Also one of my RCI injectors are not opening, it was doing the same thing when I put it away. Musta put 30 hours into it this past weekend, had to see if it would start fine, damn thing is so time consuming LOL.

image_zpsyd9dccek.jpg

Very nice build. How much of the harness this you have to extend? I was always under the impression that the engine harness there wasn't to much soldering involved. More depinning and relooming it. Because everything should stay the same distance no? I did my fusebox harness over the winter. That's definitely alot of soldering if you put it in the glovebox like I did. Nice car though!

I didn't extend any really just made it so it's less mess to try and hide under my intake. I chose to cut all my pigtails rather then depinning them that seemed more chances to screw something up but prolly more work to solder all pigtails back on. I'm happy with it and gave me less clutter and something more manageable.

Thanks too BTW

You got any pictures of how you ran your tucked power steering? Specially how you have it running from the rack and how the hell you routed it around the subframe without pinching the lines. And also how you routed it to the res. I can't figure out how I want to run these flippin lines

Awesome build sir. Do u mind sharing tips and tricks on how you did your wire tuck? What did u use instead of plastic loom. Did u hewtshrink the ends? Looks very clean and profesional.

Looks like braided loam. Could be Painless brand. Or a no name eBay brand.

Last edited:
Oh sorry haven't put up an updated picture yet. Res had a small leak I had to fix. It mounts in the normal spot and it's very important that the res is at that height so pump always has a head pressure and the pump won't get into a cavitation situation.

So here's a couple of photos that are most recent with ps res fixed. Gotta set base timing do a BLT then take it out for her maiden voyage. Please DSM gods no issues please LOL I've had a couple eventful maiden voyages in the past ;-)

image_zpsqqqx0w3z.jpg

image_zps2a46cewx.jpg

image_zpse0sskdz8.jpg

It was going a couple of nights ago, here I'm just showing a cold start up and I've no fiav and a 2200cc injector. Some guys have issues on cold start up

Well it runs thankfully LOL. Did so much wiring work wasn't sure if it was all good or not. My power steering res had a pin hole leak some where so I'm just addressing that. Also one of my RCI injectors are not opening, it was doing the same thing when I put it away. Musta put 30 hours into it this past weekend, had to see if it would start fine, damn thing is so time consuming LOL.

View attachment 304038
You're a better man than most of us. That's work ,but the car looks flawless as a result. I'm surprised you did not creat a cold air setup . Unless your hood is vented I can't remember.

Last edited:
N
Cold start video I did this morning, keep in mind haven't set base timing, tho it's close or done a BLT. After listening to the video I tightened alt belt and exh mani studs.

Nice low idle at cold start as well. Not revving cold at 2k like mines does until it warms and stays at 1k

Thanks man appreciate it. The shootout I'm sure gonna try as I've not made it out there yet and I'm pissed every year I gotta see it on FB. I'm just about to head out to break everything in. Goal is to turn it way down for the summer and just putt around in hopes it stays together LOL it should as I've alleviated a lot of wiring issues and what not this winter. I plan to drive it out there, we'll see but it should happen.

All done for the summer assult LOL
This fp6466 pulls strong on gate pressure, pretty impressive to say the least. Spool seems very similar to my fp3586hta. Been some time since everything's been new( head, engine, trans) car feels real tight. I can feel every compression stroke in the seat of my pants when idling, she's making full compression for sure. Anyway here's a shitty in my garage photos. Gotta get it out in the sun so the black carbon flash paint jumps out.

image_zpszql0jg2n.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back