The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build 95 GSX 800hp street monster Fp6466hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im looking to do the same thing. Drop my laggy 6262 for a FP3065.

Iv been looking for a while now also. Can you give any more impressions on this turbo?

I really liked that turbo but it still is a bit much for me I'm thinking, but it's definatly more streetable/quicker spooling then your 6262. I'm really considering the dsm black JB turbo, I already have fp ported 8cm exhaust housing that I could use. I'd run external wg off the O2 for boost control and run their exh mani. I'm hoping this will give me quick streetable spool and decent top end power which won't destroy may trans as quick, I hope LOL.

You could always try an hx35 or hx40.

These so far have been my favorite turbos I've run.. the 35 being my favorite of the 2.

Full spool hits 4200rpms. And power band for me goes to 8000rpms.(still pulls)
But I plan to just shift at 7500 going forward (thinking not spinning the motor as high might save motor parts in a road racing environment where you're racing for extendesign period of time vs drag where it's just a couple seconds then the motor gets a break.

The hx fits the FP manifold and you can use punishment or map 02 housing.

I have heard good things about the hx-35 and 40 but I'm a creature of habit LOL and I usually stick with what I know....and that's been fp for a long time. Just had great luck and those mofos make power!!

So Shane.

Your basically leaning towards the following.

FP manifold
FP Black (DSM flange)
Open Ext 02 housing w/44mm gate?

you know the fp black flows 68LB/min flow vs the FP3065 that does 65LB. So they are very comparable. the 3065 looks to have a better hotside flow. Iv been stressing this whole turbo thing try to figure out how to keep my power, but reduce my spool to 4000K ish. the Hybrid 35/40 holset is peaking my interest and cheaper then FP.

Just bought a evo 3 intake manifold too.

So Shane.

Your basically leaning towards the following.

FP manifold
FP Black (DSM flange)
Open Ext 02 housing w/44mm gate?

Yes, Yes and Yes.

you know the fp black flows 68LB/min flow vs the FP3065 that does 65LB. So they are very comparable. the 3065 looks to have a better hotside flow. Iv been stressing this whole turbo thing try to figure out how to keep my power, but reduce my spool to 4000K ish. the Hybrid 35/40 holset is peaking my interest and cheaper then FP.

Just bought a evo 3 intake manifold too.

I hear ya but the 3065 is in their 9cm housing opposed to the black in the mitsu 8cm housing. I've ran both housings and the 8cm mitsu housing spools quicker then the fp30(9cm) My green was in the 8cm and I ran 11.1@127 in my car weighting 3300 so it makes decent power. For me it's just more easier and cheaper, I'll get pre4000 spool and still pull decent up top.

I had an evo 3 on my fp green setup and loved that intake, should of never sold it.

"I had an evo 3 on my fp green setup and loved that intake, should of never sold it."

I keep hearing great things about them. So when a local one popped up I just said screw it, and snagged it. Bring back some low end tq and mid range while still being able to flow to about 8200, i'll take it. No just need to decide if i want to get it ported or not.

Okay, and you would just grab a JB Black for the sake of less strict oil requirements.

have you ran the BB version of the Red and black?

No that's all that is available. DSM doesn't get the BB option as the evos do only JB which is fine with me. I've ran both and its not something I'm concerned about as to effect the spool. I run good oil so the thrust bearing should be fine when i decide to push the turbo.

I tend to forget we are not as loved as the EVO LOL.

-But okay Porting on the Manifold.
-8CM housing for porting is what i was refereeing to.

Sorry mis-read that. Manifold no as it flows great as is, none of the ones I had were ported but it might be worth the money just not something I'd do for my setup. Now the exhaust housing I believe you'd benefit from them porting it, I have one thats ported by them that was on my fp green and that made some impressive power and spooled early. I'd pay the porting for the increase in a\r and more potential top end power.

Last edited:
So looking at everything seems the FP Red is more up my ally.
The 3065 is just older tech per FP, and the Red and black would be a better more. The Black just lags to much for what i want, full spool by 5k ish per FP.

So time to look at selling my kit.

So my train of thought towards the red vs blk is there in the same exhaust housing with the same TW. I know my self good enough that the power I'm looking for would have the red pretty much at full steam shaft speed wise achieving the power I want, may not initially but over time, Yes LOL So the blk wouldn't be pushed as hard to make that power with a CW flowing 10lbs\min more then the red. I'm willing to sacrifice the difference in spool for the added lbs/min increase. Now remember this is all about combo and at the end of the day I still have a alum LR that I'm still going to rev out so the black with a ported exhaust housing will work best for me. I can certainly see you going for the red with the combo you have and what you wanting early spooling.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back