The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

'95 GSX 8 Second build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spdfreak

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2009
san diego, California
It's been a while since I've updated my journal, so i'm starting this build thread. The car is a 1995 mitsubishi eclipse gsx. I plan on building it for the 1/4 mile only with the hopes of achieving a high to mid 8 second pass. Previous entries can be found in the old journal system. Today I started working on the rear suspension for the car by removing the rear sub frame and installing undoubtedly one of the nicest aftermarket parts i've seen for a dsm and that is the tubular rear subframe from 99gst_racer. The install could not have been any easier perfect fitment on the car. I also installed my tre maxx loc differential with the converted dss axle to work the differential.

Attachments

• DSC00267.JPG
    DSC00267.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC00290.JPG
    DSC00290.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC00288.JPG
    DSC00288.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 351
  • DSC00269.JPG
    DSC00269.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC00279.JPG
    DSC00279.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC00278.JPG
    DSC00278.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC00274.JPG
    DSC00274.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC00275.JPG
    DSC00275.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 384
That rear subframe, rear diff, and the axles look awesome! Is the rear diff new, or rebuilt? It looks great. The gt42 and underhood is pretty stellar as well! Very sweet setup. It should produce some nice results for sure. Good luck! :thumb:

What is your job? you have more money in one picture than I have in my whole car and it's no slouch. LOL.

Simple answer: Do well in school, go to college and get usable degree, get awesome job, make good money, buy awesome DSM parts.

Or, that's how I did it...

:D

Thanks man i appreciate it. Got some more parts in today for the stagging brake install, I'll post install soon.

Attachments

• DSC00317.JPG
    DSC00317.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 189
I'm just a carpenter foreman. I'll post some numbers as soon as I get to a dyno, I just got to take care of some random stuff first like Windows, parachute cable and wait for my Transfercase to return.

I'll let you know as soon as they call me with a update. I just mounted my staging brake, but now I'm debating on if I should use 3/16 hard lines and flare them or use earls flexible steel brake hose since I got options now.

Looking very good nice work. The rear subframe is awesome.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back