The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

95 GSX 2.3 stroker street build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will get more pics this week guys im sorry haven't posted in years. Got meningitis febuarary of of 2016 almost died. Was in icu for 3 weeks. Then moved to own room. Any questions on build let me know. Like to awnser any questions. Thanks guys
hospital is no fun ...(had a 2 month stay myself once ... rolled my neon) glad you made it ..you're a fighter i can tell ...looking at builds that have been put on hold gives me courage cause i'm in the same boat restarting my build after 10 yrs ...that pic where ur car is all covered in dust is all to real to me LOL ...keep posting !!

Sounds like a lot of water over the dam - glad you made it!

How disturbing that ETS doesn't offer piping kits anymore for their 1g and 2g intercoolers. They've got pipes every way possible for the evo 8 and 9.
Thanks glad i made it to. Came home on IVs had home health here ever dam day. And yea was upset with how they dont offer kits for 1g or 2g anymore.

hospital is no fun ...(had a 2 month stay myself once ... rolled my neon) glad you made it ..you're a fighter i can tell ...looking at builds that have been put on hold gives me courage cause i'm in the same boat restarting my build after 10 yrs ...that pic where ur car is all covered in dust is all to real to me LOL ...keep posting !!

Damit your a fighter too. Roller over lucky. Glade your here. Im always wanting to read builds. Do you have a build post?

Here is what i did today. Put in haness that goes on car. Came out nice. My noise condenser, power transistor and the other sensor in pic i know just cant think at moment. These are all on the tcu bracket for a auto. Had to modify a bit but its a race car. More work coming soon

Attachments

• 20170924_151729.jpg
    20170924_151729.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20170924_151718.jpg
    20170924_151718.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 76
Made some progress today. Have been doing 10 things at once. Got rack and pinion ready to go. The left and right steering knuckles are back on. Today i mocked up fusebox harness. Looks good to me. Running with it next is relocation. Thanks

Attachments

• 20171112_165425.jpg
    20171112_165425.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 124
Ok got some parts coming for rack to finish up. Then need to paint trunk area were battery box is going. Also need some input on a this. I got some amplifier wires that i can use for battery relocation but not sure if i should use them or get new wires. Input and any opinions would be great. Thanks

Ok decided to replace all wires i need for fuse box relocation. 0 gauge wire so been looking havent found anything. Let me know what you guys have went with. Links to wires help thanks.

Did you say you haven't found 0 gauge battery wire anyplace? Here's the place I've been buying engine compartment wire from. They have battery cable in gauges 6, 4, 2, 1, 0, 00, 000, 0000!
It's pretty expensive though, because there is a 50 foot minimum for these gauges, and then you'd have to pay shipping too.
But even if you don't buy the wire here, this is a good place to shop, look at their charts that show nominal OD, weight per foot, stuff like that.
http://www.awcwire.com/productspec.aspx?id=type-sgx

Lowes and hd are in same town howers away so i order suff most of time. How many feet you think for power and ground? I wàs thinking 25ft for both.

Lowes and hd are in same town howers away so i order suff most of time. How many feet you think for power and ground? I wàs thinking 25ft for both.

Any hardware store will have electrical cable. Home use of 0 gauge is much more common and why its easier to find in a hardware store.

There should be a tractor supply store, ace, true value, or something in a small town near you to try. Otherwise just plan it as an outing for the family and plan out your shopping list accordingly

If it turns out you need to order, and you are going to get 25 feet or more, you can get actual automotive battery cable from Del City in 25 foot coils. I've noticed that automotive battery cable and engine compartment wire always meets SAE J-1127. This stuff meets that and is rated to 125 deg C for temperature. It's $3.55 per foot and they charge $10 for shipping. Not cheap but for sure it's the good stuff.

I don't think you would need 25 feet for a single run though. Totally depends on how you route it of course. I haven't measured it, but 25 feet might be enough for 2 runs. I'm sort of wild-guessing 10 to 12 feet for a single run, would be good to measure before buying!

https://www.delcity.net/store/1:0-Gauge/p_819313.h_819314

battery cable from Del City, 0 gauge, 25 foot.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks i found this site a long time ago when i first started the relocation. Wasnt able to think of name or find site LOL. Im ordering everything little by little. Then have my engine bay almost back to 100%. Then ready to go. Got the paint for the trunk area today where battery box is going.
If it turns out you need to order, and you are going to get 25 feet or more, you can get actual automotive battery cable from Del City in 25 foot coils. I've noticed that automotive battery cable and engine compartment wire always meets SAE J-1127. This stuff meets that and is rated to 125 deg C for temperature. It's $3.55 per foot and they charge $10 for shipping. Not cheap but for sure it's the good stuff.

I don't think you would need 25 feet for a single run though. Totally depends on how you route it of course. I haven't measured it, but 25 feet might be enough for 2 runs. I'm sort of wild-guessing 10 to 12 feet for a single run, would be good to measure before buying!

https://www.delcity.net/store/1:0-Gauge/p_819313.h_819314

View attachment 529748

Well, probably either one would work fine. The Crutchfield wire is made for Mobile Electronics (audio amplifier in your car). They say it meets ANSI/CTA-2015 which is the "Mobile Electronics Cabling Standard". They are not thinking about using it to run your starter, but I don’t know of any reason why it would be wrong for that.

The GSX wire, like from Del City, is for sure made for this job. But, I can tell you that GSX wire is not the most flexible wire, and would not be as flexible as audio wire which usually has very soft insulation. Also the strand count makes the audio wire more flexible for the same gauge. The audio wire has very fine strands and a lot more of them, to get the same gauge. The 0 gauge GSX wire will probably have 1026 strands of .010” copper. Crutchfield says their 0 gauge audio wire has 4704 strands, so those strands would be much finer.

O.D. of the insulation, if that matters to you, the Crutchfield wire is 0.1” fatter. They state 0.625” vs about 0.525” for GSX.

The Crutchfield web page is really missing some important information. They should state a temperature rating, and they should say something about resistance to fluids, acids, and other chemicals. I imagine those points are ok but just try finding a copy of CTA-2015 to read! You can buy one for $65 LOL. Crutchfield should have this info right there in writing. For example, looking at car audio wire on Parts-Express.com I see things like this: “The flexible, translucent cable jacket can withstand temperatures up to 221°F (105°C) and provides cable protection from harsh under-hood chemicals such as battery acid, oil, and gasoline.” 105°C is good enough by the way.

As far as OFC goes, it doesn’t really do you any good. At least not in terms of resistance per foot. According to what I’ve read about it, OFC (C10200) has conductivity essentially identical to the normal copper wire material (C11000).

Decide on wire from del city. Got everything thing in over holiday week. I ordered everything except wire. Now to get that.

Looking at fuel delivery. I have ID 2000 and i was going to run 8an but i need more to get to my 600-700hp goal. When i max this turbo out im stepping it up. Need some advice tuners.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1513653936640.jpg
    FB_IMG_1513653936640.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 43
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back