The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

95 gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmx and Dsms

Proven Member
Mar 7, 2013
Broadway, North_Carolina
Hey guys I'm new to this forum thing but, I recently bought a 1995 eclipse gst with a 4g63 6 bolt when I got it it ran good then I started hearing a knock around the valve cover and cams many people have told me its the crankshaft or oistons some guy told me its about just lock up, can any you guys help me out with some parts I live in north Carolina around the Fayetteville area ?

if it is a knock then i could be a rod bearing but if it is more of a ticking then its probably just lifter tick.

well theoretically it could be any of the bearings in there. i don't know what you mean by the cable cover? only way to know for sure is to take off your oil pan and grab all the bearings and try to move them. if they move then they are shot.

Well I would figure out why it's not cranking for sure and then drop the oil pan to see which bearing it is. All you should need to do is either turn the crankshaft and see what doesn't move when it's supposed to.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back