The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

95 gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarthrash3r

Probationary Member
Jan 4, 2013
Rural Retreat, Virginia
Well first off, this is my first rebuild and I am still learning. I bought a 95 GST back in September, of course it was blown up. Seems the head had been leaking for some time and coolant was dripping down onto #2 and #3 pistons. Needless to say the pistons were melted and head was warped really bad. Now I am just rebuilding one step at a time.

I will get pics as soon as this 30 day thing is up. I didn't realize I couldn't post pics while under 30 days. But pics are def waiting.

What no pic uploads for 30 days..I didnt know that that kinda sux.

So what are your plans, maintenence and adding a bit of power, or a build?

Well so far, I had to scrape some of the old pistons off of the cylinder walls and flex honed em. Then I dropped Evo 8 pistons and rods in there. Used ARP rod cap bolts because the OEM bolts kept breaking. Bought 16g turbo, stainless o2 housing pipe, and Pacesetter headers. Put engine back together with new parts and it kept leaking coolant into cylinders. Eventually I figured out that the head was warped really bad. Haha, should a noticed. Now I have a new head and HKS cams and Aero came gears coming. As for body upgrades, I wanna save the Surprise for when I get the pics on here. I converted it from a 2ga to a 2gb. So it def doesn't look like a 95.

Well the car came with a fmic and a mbc. Has full 3 " exhaust. And I have plans on getting bigger injectors. The cams are 272s. I would love to get a set of Evo 8 springs and retainers as well.

Well from what I heard, I shouldn't need any, but I have thought about a chip. Might buy a new ecu if I find one cheap enough. But fuel is def my next go about.

guitarthrash3r's Library | Photobucket

On my photobucket, the transition starts from bottom. Of course then goes up.

20121003133051.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

20121003133126.jpg

20121003133136.jpg

20121003133546.jpg

20121003133622.jpg

20121003133641.jpg

20121023120956.jpg

20121023131403.jpg

20121027171357.jpg

20121027171412.jpg

20121027171429.jpg

20121027171449.jpg

Last edited:
So no tuning mech at all..Well you just may be in lucj tho..Take the ecu out,open it up and snap a picture of it and upload that pic..Maybe your 95 came with an eprom..Which will make adding a chip or ecmlink a breez.

When I get a chance, I will take a pic of this ecu. Probably tomorrow or friday.

I am having troubles with my rebuild. Everything is finished, but 2 and 3 wont fire. I checked power going to blue/black wire and it is there. What could this be? I am frustrated as can be!

It could be a few things different things but first I would check the power transistor and the coil to 2 and 3.

yeah man, check the transistor and your connections.

Ok, Thanks. Got it fired up but dies after 3 seconds everytime. What could this be

Sounds like a fuel issue to me.

Kinda thinking the fuel filter could be gummed up. It has been sitting since july I think.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back