The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

95 GST not able to idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstspyda97

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2004
Vandalia, Ohio
wuts up guys i found a 95 GST in somewhat beat condition but with a lil lovin it would be one nice ride b/c its only 1000 bux and ive got the cash and seriously thinking bout it, but the only problem is that it wont idle, when you start it you have to keep on the gas a little bit but i drove it, and it drove fine once you got past the idleing part i was thinking maybe it just needed new injectors but i was thinking just buy it and do a tune up the first thing i do to it, like PCV,Air Filter,Battery,Plugs and Wires,oil change and toss in my old 450cc from my spyder as im gettin bigger injectors this week, so i was curious why would the car not idle if it drives fine after being above around 850 RPMS, do you think it would be worth it, its got 118k,t too small is still good and everything else seemed fine, but i just wanna know what could be causing the car not too idle?

thanx in advance
alex

well it could be tps,iac,coil pack, spark plugs or wires. I had a horrible idle 2 weeks ago almost exactly like yours. I had to change the iac, clean the throttle body, 02 sensor, spark plugs and wires. and the coil pack. my coil pack was the main issue for the bad idle but for 1k I'd buy that in a heart beat and deal with fix the idle. a tune up is a must if the car was ragged out. just do the tune up and take it to a shop with a really good scan tool and they might be able to figure out the problem. with out having to go threw all the stuff I did. hope it helps, but buy the car great deal.

beating4g63s said:
well it could be tps,iac,coil pack, spark plugs or wires. I had a horrible idle 2 weeks ago almost exactly like yours. I had to change the iac, clean the throttle body, 02 sensor, spark plugs and wires. and the coil pack. my coil pack was the main issue for the bad idle but for 1k I'd buy that in a heart beat and deal with fix the idle. a tune up is a must if the car was ragged out. just do the tune up and take it to a shop with a really good scan tool and they might be able to figure out the problem. with out having to go threw all the stuff I did. hope it helps, but buy the car great deal.
wouldn't be the tps, it would have the exact opposite symptoms

Isnt this the wrong forum? :\

Anyways, check out the idle screw, try adjusting it.... might help...

i know this is the wrong forum, but its not my car and i might buy it, but i figured id just put it in the hang out since its not my car and everything, i was also helping to see if this was a good deal considering the problems and you all have shown that it would be a good deal thanx :thumb:
yea i planned on doing all the normal tune up, i did take my logger with me ROFL and everything seemed ok with o2 sensors, st and lt fuel trims, air flow rate...i didnt log just viewd the normal things...but im going back to look @ it tmrw to see what else i can do
thanx again guys always know how to help :thumb:

alex

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back