The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

95 gst milestone aurai

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmkauai

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
So I've owned my 95 gst for going on twelve years. Just hit 222,222 miles and still running strong. Plans to put on super big 16g by Hahn racecraft which is sitting in garage as we speak. Still on stock motor with some mods second trans and turbo was planning to put a 14b but got ripped off so my friend hooked me up with his old 16g. I also have a 6 bolt block waiting when that rainy day comes and my motor goes boom!! LOL. But going to see how long she will hold up. And no signs at all of crankwalk!! K shootz update again soon when 16g goes in.

Last edited:
+1 sounds like a good plan.

it only sounds like a good plan after all maintance issue are taken care of before the turbo is put on. and racking up the posts LOL

congrats on the milestone. Earlier this year my 1991 TSI AWD hit 100,000 on stock, and I was way excited. 222,222 is awesome.

I would be cautious of how much psi to run with the 16g. well then again you have a 6 bolt laying around, so yea boost the sh*t out of that block!!!!!!!!

goodluck

Nice to see another high mileage DSM still going strong. Before you put that 16g on, I'd get injectors, datalogger, SAFC or other way to tune, wideband, and a boost gauge. Do a compression test and leakdown test to make sure the engine is healthy. Make sure your maintenance is covered and have at it.

Thanks guys and ya I take very good care of my dsm. Always watch, listening and checking things to keep her running strong. I am also planning on dsmlink purchase around the end of the year. I am installing in about a week or so a hrc super 16g, pretty excited to get the t25 off again since I had to throw it back on after 14b died. I've done all pm's have absolutly no leaks of anything. Timing and all belts are new. Like I said Ive had the car for going on twelve year and it's been really good to me. Only real major problem so far was the trans blowing, but I think it started from abuse from previous owner and him not taking care of things.

Finally getting hrc parts to install super 16g. Supposed to arrive Thursday already have car apart and turbo waiting. Will be running at track for last races of season. Christmas will Bring Ecmlink v3 lite and still desiding between running 550's or 650's and what wideband to run with. I'll keep some updates and add my track times in a few weeks. Mahalo

IMHO, you should start thinking about a rebuild.
That's awsome to hear your mileage, it disproves alot of people about DSMs being unreliable:hellyeah: BUT, your engine is tired, if you start adding extra stress on your power train, you'll get what we've all experienced, a long and exspensive downward spiral.
Treat her sweet, and she'll keep going. A leakdown test, compression test, boost leak test, vacuum test and a log will make sure you know whats going on. A fresh platform is allways better to build off of though.

IMHO, you should start thinking about a rebuild.
That's awsome to hear your mileage, it disproves alot of people about DSMs being unreliable:hellyeah: BUT, your engine is tired, if you start adding extra stress on your power train, you'll get what we've all experienced, a long and exspensive downward spiral.
Treat her sweet, and she'll keep going. A leakdown test, compression test, boost leak test, vacuum test and a log will make sure you know whats going on. A fresh platform is allways better to build off of though.

Exactly what I was thinking. Make sure everything is in good working order before you start modding anything.

Ya I agree like I said I've owned the car for almost twelve years and always do regular pm's. I do my best to keep up on all test. I have been a mechanic for 15 years and been workin on dsm's since my start. I also have a really good friend with a sick gsx on island and we help eachother out. I won't be boosting to much at first till I get the other mods needed. Also my other turbo is on it's way out so this was really my only option. Plus I got the turbo cheap from my gsx buddy and the thing is mint. Oh ya one thing I didn't add before 2 years ago I drove across country in it from Chicago to Long beach then on the boat to Kauai. Ran perfect the whole way not one problem. Thx guys for the feedback. Mahalo

And yes beginning of next year will start a complete rebuild on motor and a LSD for trans. I know it's only a matter of time till things go. Plus still got that 6bolt I've also been workin on.

Last edited:
Update, things running good ran the car both race days sat and sun. Due to my boost controller failing on me I had to rig up a homebrew mbc. Best run was 14.5 @ 101.1 mph. I had a horrible launch but the top end was sick. Plus I only could get 16 psi which isn't near where I really wanted to be. Good news is I got Ecmlink, innovate wideband, Fic 550's and new ebc on the way. Next season I'm shooting for low 13's high 12's if I can get the tune right. Also hey I live in Hawaii it's stinking hot out here the track is very slick. Oh ya some drag radials and possible LSD added to. Kk shootz

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back