The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

95 GST build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99'EclipseGS

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2007
Woodbridge, New_Jersey
Sorry wasn't sure where I should have posted this. Okay here's my situation. I have a built 7 bolt in a 97 gst.
CR 7:8:1 pistons
Eagle H rods
New crank (not sure the brand) mechanic got it
Stock head
Stock exhaust manifold
2.5" O2 housing
2.5-3" downpip
3" exhaust
16G turbo (i don't think the real evo 3)
Shitty IC and piping
Stock fuel system
I think that's the main stuff

So I was reading and I could push the 16G around 27-29lbs of boost and get around 350-400 hp out of it. I want to do that but I want to upgrade my fuel system a little cause I'm having problems now and not being able to hit full boost.
I was thinking about getting a new fuel pump (warlboro 255) and bigger injectors (maybe 725cc's) now with that should I get a FPR? What else should I get as in for the fuel system.
I'm going to get a tubular exhaust manifold to cut down the lag and new intercooler and piping.
My goal right now is to push that amount of hp without any problems, no fuel cut, no fuel problems, any suggestions?

Then down the road I want to get a super 20G and shoot for 600hp

My main concern is the fuel delivery can someone help me out?

*edit* its in a 95 right now about to be swapped over into a 97. Sorry for the title

1 255 pump will be enough for what you need right now. It would be a good idea to get a fuel pressure regulator. 725cc's will be enough for now, but you will have to go bigger in the future. Do you plan on running E85? You will need something to tune with, DSMlink is a very good investment, and it will work perfect for your future goals.

Idkiliketurbos, I was going to do that but I'm asking more for questions and help, I thought a journal topic would be more like step by step process of my build, idk

And E116, thanks for your input, and no I won't be running e85

You should turn down the boost for now, its not good pushing your car over what the stock fuel system can handle

You need to get a new pump, injectors (I say 850's because they are not much more expensive than 750's)and an AFPR if you want to run that much boost and be "safe", I would also recommend at the very least a chipped ECU or link if you can afford it, a new HG and ARP's. Personally I wouldn't run 30psi on pump (and most deffinatly not without any kind of fuel/timing control). There is no sense in getting a tubular manifold for a 16G its just a waste of money and will not make much of a difference, they just look kewl. And you might want to rethink running 600hp on a 20G I dont think they are capable of going over 500.

Sorry wasn't sure where I should have posted this. Okay here's my situation. I have a built 7 bolt in a 97 gst.
CR 7.8:1 pistons
Eagle H rods
New crank (not sure the brand) mechanic got it
Stock head
Stock exhaust manifold
2.5" O2 housing
2.5-3" downpipe
3" exhaust
Good.

16G turbo (i don't think the real evo 3)
Shitty IC and piping
Stock fuel system
I think that's the main stuff
A knockoff 16G probably won't survive long with your goals.
A good intercooler can help reach the full potential of a real MHI 16G.

So I was reading and I could push the 16G around 27-29lbs of boost and get around 350-400 hp out of it.
Not if it's an ebay turbo... you'd be pushing a real Evo 3 16G fairly well to reach 400+.

I want to do that but I want to upgrade my fuel system a little cause I'm having problems now and not being able to hit full boost.
What is "full boost"? 12psi? Or have you turned up the MBC and are now hitting fuel cut? If you're saying full boost is the stock level, you need to do a boost leak test and fix your leaks.

I was thinking about getting a new fuel pump (warlboro 255) and bigger injectors (maybe 725cc's) now with that should I get a FPR? What else should I get as in for the fuel system.
You should get an AFPR for a 255lph pump.
What are you tuning with? Still using a stock 2G ECU?

I'm going to get a tubular exhaust manifold to cut down the lag and new intercooler and piping.
I doubt a new exhaust manifold will help noticeably with lag, but it may help with flow. It's not really necessary yet unless your stocker is cracked.

My goal right now is to push that amount of hp without any problems, no fuel cut, no fuel problems, any suggestions?
ECMLink, FIC 1000+'s, 255, AFPR, Wideband, and lose the knockoff turbo.

Then down the road I want to get a super 20G and shoot for 600hp
I doubt you'll get to 600 with a 20G, might want to reconsider that. That's usually 35R+ territory.

My main concern is the fuel delivery can someone help me out?
Do a lot more research. Go bigger than you need, get a good wideband and invest in ECMLink.

And you might want to rethink running 600hp on a 20G I dont think they are capable of going over 500.

This is just wrong. A member over on SEDSM.org is pushing 547 or better on a 16g turbo. I think it is a FP 68HTA. But it is still a stock appearing turbo. A good 20g turbo like a blouch 20g XT could definently get you over 600.

This is just wrong. A member over on SEDSM.org is pushing 547 or better on a 16g turbo. I think it is a FP 68HTA. But it is still a stock appearing turbo. A good 20g turbo like a blouch 20g XT could definently get you over 600.

A 68HTA is not a 16g. It doesnt matter if its stock appearing (Is he/she running nitrous or something?). And he never specified what 20G he was talking about I assumed a HRC super 20G which is rated at flowing enough for 500hp (and with asking questions like this I doubt the op would be able to get 600hp out of a blouch supermegaultra 20G. No offense OP).

EDIT:
Here is a quote from extremepsi's web site about the 20G XT.

A long-time favorite of DSM tuners, the TD06H-20G is a race proven package capable of 440 HP. But wait - BPT has given this long time favorite a "Blouch twist" bumping the horsepower capability to 470 HP with the very latest in compressor and turbine technology

I'm at work right now on my phone. Delta, thank you very much for all your imput. Thank you everyone. When I get home ill answer all the questions you guys asked me and go from there. Thanks again guy for helping me and my goals out. Ill post soon :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back