The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

95 Gst Automatic Transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kod

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Kingston, Pennsylvania
Was wondering what would my best options be.

It shifts hard / slips going from 2 - 3.

Now the end clutch is bad, overdrive kicks off and on by itself but usually only when coasting 50 mph or lower. (Use to be 40 mph or lower)

Especially when the overdrive is off it will jerk a little before it goes into next gear when I'm doing about 40 - 45.

So I decided to use lucas as I know many people who used it and it does actually help it bit.

Option A: Am I better off replacing the end clutch, valve body, and torque converter.

Option B: Get another temp transmission and buy the entire IPT rebuild kit for the transmission.

Don't have too much play cash and this is my daily driver

I did post this in the newbie forum but hasn't even had view, so figured maybe this would be the better place to ask, thanks for any help.

Do it once and do it right. unless your making over 500 awhp i whould just get high stall converter and alto end clutch kit. Our stock trannies can handle quit a bit off power if maintained well. Plus seeing that your profile you dont have many mods id stick with a stock rebuild.

Well I am within a year going to upgrade the engine, stage 2 heads, crowler cams, skunk 2 valve and what not, that's why I'm wondering what will be best for me to do with this tranny.

Well its up to you man but I whould at least get high stall converter, end clutch kit and new filter.

Hm.. well I thought it was the o/d kicking off when I coasted and it dropped gear hard but had o/d off the other day and it did it still, just when coasting it drops gear real hard at times and when it does it shoots up about 1 - 2k rpm high so I cannot see this being good for the transmission.

Anybody have any info as to what could cause this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back