The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

95 fuel setup- FMU HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzeclips

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2004
Bear, Delaware
I need someone to help me through the FMU install. I know where and what to do, but I need some pointers on a couple things:

1) I am having trouble locating the return and feed lines. There is no specific way for me to tell which is which, therefore I'm afraid to start before I mix these up. It seems they are both located under the windhield washer res. but I cannot get to them nor find the EXACT lines I need.

2) How much feul line do I need after I tap into the stock return/feed? I am mounting my FMU on the top left corner of my engine bay, firewall. We cannot figure out h0w much extra is need for proper flex and feul direction without kinks, U bends, etc.. I was thinking 2-4 feet being enough...

3) WHat diameter feul line should I buy/look for after tapping into the OEM one? I'm afraid if I buy a line too large from OEM, then I'd lose feul pressure, and vise versa...

4) I removed my EGR for a vaccuum source. I was going to leave the seloniod connect to my wiring harness to prevent throwing CELs, but I decided to take it off completely and use the MOPAR block off kit. Now, what problems would I run into after doing this? Am I at risk for idle surge or stutter/stalling? Can I run the car before I get it blocked off?

Lastly, what problems would I run into if my wastegate comes unmounted or loosens while under boost? Could I just watch my Boost gauge for spiking or what?

Sorry for all the question I just need some re-assurance before I jump into things tomorrow.. Thanks again in advance.. :thumb:

P.S- I checked my Chilton's for feul line diameter and size but found nothing..

Blitzeclips said:
1) I am having trouble locating the return and feed lines. There is no specific way for me to tell which is which, therefore I'm afraid to start before I mix these up. It seems they are both located under the windhield washer res. but I cannot get to them nor find the EXACT lines I need.
The feed line is secured with banjo bolts and/or bolts and flanges. It also goes through the fuel filter, which is located on the firewall just above the steering column boot (provided you have a '95). The return line is fastened with simple spring-style hose clamps.

Blitzeclips said:
2) How much feul line do I need after I tap into the stock return/feed? I am mounting my FMU on the top left corner of my engine bay, firewall. We cannot figure out h0w much extra is need for proper flex and feul direction without kinks, U bends, etc.. I was thinking 2-4 feet being enough...
Four feet should be more than plenty.

Blitzeclips said:
3) WHat diameter feul line should I buy/look for after tapping into the OEM one? I'm afraid if I buy a line too large from OEM, then I'd lose feul pressure, and vise versa...
Stock lines are 1/4". The barbs on the FMU may be for 3/8" line, but you should be able to shove those 1/4" lines on there.

Blitzeclips said:
4) I removed my EGR for a vaccuum source. I was going to leave the seloniod connect to my wiring harness to prevent throwing CELs, but I decided to take it off completely and use the MOPAR block off kit. Now, what problems would I run into after doing this? Am I at risk for idle surge or stutter/stalling? Can I run the car before I get it blocked off?
You shouldn't have any problems at all. I've been running EGR-free for about six months now, with no problems.

Blitzeclips said:
Lastly, what problems would I run into if my wastegate comes unmounted or loosens while under boost? Could I just watch my Boost gauge for spiking or what?
If anything, you probably just won't build any boost... Just watch your gauge and let off the throttle if you begin to build more than 8psi.

Blitzeclips said:
P.S- I checked my Chilton's for feul line diameter and size but found nothing..

For the last time... it's spelled:

FUEL!!!

;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back