The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

420A '95 fmu install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95'RS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Germansville, Pennsylvania
I'm getting a 12:1 FMU soon and i need a diagram on how to hook it up on a '95 eclipse from the FPR or where ever would be the easiest install. I was reading the install differs from the model years.

If you got one worth a damn, it'll have a diagram with it. If not, the fitting that comes out of the flat side of your FMU should run to your rail and the other (rounded side) to your filter. The 95-96's have the FPR on the rail. Next time do some searching. I know it's a pain, but this site has a ridiculous wealth of knowledge on it if you can stand to sift through all the BS threads.

Is it the cartech one like this?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have a new question and I been thinking about the 2 lines that come in on top of the tank the one on the left is the feed, and the one that slides on to the right is the return correct? EDIT: (If your looking at the lines from the drivers side back seat)
If I'm correct why couldn't I just T my FMU right there at the return line, and add a vac? Heres a Pic I did in ms paint just so no one is confused, or do i hook it up on the return line on the tank itself?

Attachments

• fmu.jpg
    fmu.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 730
I don't think that would work. Your FMU looks to be pressurizing the fuel tank via the return line. Where does your FPR fit onto that diagram above?

see I don't know. I thought I was hooking the FMU to the return line on the fuel pump cover so, i hooked it up in the back and tapped the vac source from the fpr. Should I just install it on the engine bay?.

see I don't know. I thought I was hooking the FMU to the return line on the fuel pump cover so, i hooked it up in the back and tapped the vac source from the fpr. Should I just install it on the engine bay?.

Just install it like this (configuration #1 for a return type system, configuration #2 for a more stock system)...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It doesn't matter where it's physically located, as long as the hoses go to the right places.

ok thanks but the return line on the fuel pump cover is the one I want to hook it up to right? or is it the one on the tank itself? thanks all im really confused about thanks

It depends on how lean it's running. The FMU adds fuel at a linear rate, but engines don't necessarily consume fuel linearly, so the discrepancy would cause a lean or rich condition. I would probably start by checking the fuel pressure and AFR with a wideband O2 sensor. If the engine is unsafely running too lean, the FMU can be adjusted by changing discs internally, and the S-FMU can be adjusted by changing discs and/or tweaking a couple of valves.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back