The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 95 EPROM ECU in 98 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

if your gonna be using an eprom chip then they can set it for that year and model with the other modifications of the burn itself

Just switch the spark plug wires at the coil pack. Stand in front of your coil pack, take the first 2 wires and put them where the other 2 are and vice versa. Done :)

Standing in front of the car from the driver's side to the passenger's side, number the cylinders and coil packs from 1-4 in your head.

Plug 4 to Coil 1
Plug 3 to Coil 4
Plug 2 to Coil 3
Plug 1 to Coil 2

I can take a picture if you need one, but you're basically swapping the two outside and two inside wires on the coil pack. Also, the chip will need CAS inversion built in to function correctly. The injectors and all other wiring can stay the same.

Just for reference, here's what it looked like on my old 2.0

Hope that helps,

Andy

Attachments

• motornew.jpg
    motornew.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 373
i think i'll be fine but i plan on getting DSMLink and I was hoping if my 95 ECU is indeed EPROM that I can just run a non-EPROM ECU in the meantime while mine is being socketed. possible or no?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back