The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

95 Eclipse GST Won't start after motor swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARQUEZJCP13

Probationary Member
Aug 27, 2015
Temple, Texas
Hey I need some help. I replaced the motor in my GST and now it won't start. I've checked the fuel injectors the timing and the firing order.

But she won't start. I need help asap.

If at all you may be help, feel free to contact me

Please provide more details about it,

If you did a SWAP from AT to MT. U may want to bridge a couple of cables to simulate the parking position. (That's very easy)

I you just swapped from 4G63T:

Is your starter spinning? If not u may want to check the positive and negative cable as well as the "signal" cable which is a black small connector that is connected to the starter (sometimes that little secure pin of that connector just brakes and it disconnects very easily).

If starter is working fine..

sometimes fuel lines get too much air inside, u can also try to disconnect it from engine to verify, fuel pump is ok and that there is no air inside...

Check spark plug cables as well,

If that is working u may want to scan the computer to see if it is generating any code.... (When CAM/Crank sensor is broken the car won't star or won't start correctly), That u can check by checking computer with an ODB2 reader

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back