The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

95 eclipse gst SMOKING !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinhill98gst

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2007
White bEAR laKE, Minnesota
everything stock but a new motor swap to a 98 motor because of crankwalk well my friend has this gst and it is smoking black out the exhaust pipe and he said that the smoke is coming by the turbo too i told him to replace the gasket on the turbo he said its still holding boost but what else could make the car smoke this bad?:dsm:

I am new to the DSM cars but have had many turbo cars and what you are explaining with the black smoke it sounds like a fuel problem to me. You said the car is stock so obviously you have not messed around with the injectors or regulator. Is the CEL on? Maby check for vacume leaks on the intake or the line going to your regulator.

CJ:talon:

everything stock but a new motor swap to a 98 motor because of crankwalk well my friend has this gst and it is smoking black out the exhaust pipe and he said that the smoke is coming by the turbo too i told him to replace the gasket on the turbo he said its still holding boost but what else could make the car smoke this bad?:dsm:

Hey, I see you are running a 255lph fuel pump. Are you also using any kind of adjustable fule pressure regulator? Also, you have 550cc injectors, what are you tuning with?

thats my car :) its running great but im using apexi afc2 yeah but my friends cel is on but its been on for awail and he though it was a good idea to run 30 psi on stock fuel and turbo set up im thinking he might of done something to the turbo and also cylender 4 we where changing plugs and the hole spark plug end was gone WTF

thats my car :) its running great but im using apexi afc2 yeah but my friends cel is on but its been on for awail and he though it was a good idea to run 30 psi on stock fuel and turbo set up im thinking he might of done something to the turbo and also cylender 4 we where changing plugs and the hole spark plug end was gone WTF

Wow, so, what mods does he have on his car? 30psi on the stock fuel system.... D@mn, that is kinda funny. How do the spark plugs look?

nope all i heard from people and him that he ran 30 psi of boost on stock system:nono: and then he was having crazy boost spikes he would turn the boost all the way down and it would still shoot up to 20 psi for every day drivingWTF

Well, he may have blown out some oil seals and caused excessive knock and ran into a seriously lean condition. Chances are he may have fried his piston rights. He needs to perform a compression test.

shes done if it munched the whole plug end. I am waiting on the pictures of the cylinder head -- genius, 30psi on stock. Couldnt have been 30psi for very long on a t-25, it probably cant more enough air over 3000rpm to get that high of a psi....

I can't say too much about it from experience or from any real credible source. A t-25 being able to produce that level of boost and not running into a bunch of problems is odd. But, then again I was able to get boost at 1000rpm with my tdo6/tdo5h 20g turbo. That was all due to a bad cam angle sensor. But, I also made hardly any power and the car was stalling alot. So, sometimes it takes an unusual combination to make this kind of stuff happen.

hi ive got a 98 gst im having problems like black smoke and power surge. ive put new plugs and wires in. can anyone help me please

To the OP :I just realized your in White Bear Lake, I used to live up the 35 from you. Blue smoke is an indication of burning oil = an oil leak.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back