The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 95 eagle tsi, no spark on pistons 2&3 (please help)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Dans dsm

Probationary Member
Feb 23, 2019
Olathe, Kansas
So I bought my 95 eagle talon tsi fwd not running back in November and have been working on it since, so far I’ve replaced the camshaft positioning sensor, ignition coils, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and ignition coil power module (power transistor). My issue is that I don’t have spark on coils 2&3.. I have power to 1&4 however, and I’ve swapped the coil pack as well and same issue so I know it isn’t the coil pack, But I did notice something weird, I have power to coils 1&4 but the plug has no power? I’ve checked the wires all the way back to the ECM and they’re all good, I was thinking maybe crankshaft angle sensor? But I still have power to fuel pump, injectors, just no spark to two cylinders. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So i found a 96 eclipse gst ecu, MD321912R would this work in my 95 Eagle Talon TSI? And also is it tunable?

Okay so update, I sent my ecu in for repair and it turns out the ecu was shorted out, it’s on the way back as we speak. But if it shorted out is there a possibility one of the sensors went bad and caused it to short out?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back