The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

'95 Door Speaker / Mount Part Number?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romiggsx

Probationary Member
Jul 28, 2005
Normal, Illinois
OK, here's my situation, long story. I have an early '95 GSX, it has some unique things about it, i.e. it has vented rear rotors like other early '95s but does not have the LICP silencer like most. Since my car has some oddities about it I am not sure if my speakers are like others as well. I have 6x9s in back and the small dash speakers that were run by the stock infinity amp.

But here's the weird part, the passenger door had a 6 3/4" speaker (sometimes called 6 1/2S or oversized 6 1/2") and a stock speaker mount appropriately sized. The driver's side however had a 5 1/4" speaker with the stock speaker mount appropriately sized. :confused:
Now none of this mattered to me before because I had QForm kick panels with MBQuarts in them, the doors were just extra midbass. Until the old stock 6 3/4" blew. I took it out and disconnected the doors speakers, thinking i would get a replacement later. That never happened. Someone broke into my car and stole all my after market stereo stuff. Head unit, EQ, Amps, Speakers, Speaker pods, sub, etc. Police said they "exploded" my passenger side lock with a screwdriver. Makes me feel real secure about our cars.

Anyways though, a body shop had to work on that door.
Now that I am finally starting to reinstall new stereo equipment I would like to upgrade to 6 3/4"s on both sides. Problem. Seems the body shop that worked on the door took the speaker mount off while they did my work. So i can't just get the part number of that.
This makes since to me since the guy who runs the body shop has a 2Gb GSX he is very proud of, and i can see him helping himself to it for his car. But naturally when i asked about the mount they said it wasn't there when they did the work. :mad:

What I am hoping someone can help me with, is a part number for the 6 3/4" door speaker mount, or even the 6 1/2" mount that every other 2G guy with 6x9s in back seems to have. The dealer says they only list a 5 1/4" door mount part number, which is what guys with 6"s in back have. Or does anyone know where i can get a hold of a couple? This whole situation has me at wits end! Someone please help

Adam

romiggsx said:
Police said they "exploded" my passenger side lock with a screwdriver. Makes me feel real secure about our cars.

Locks on cars are basically the same. Doesnt matter what it is, if a theif wants to get inside they will break the lock one way or another.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back