The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

95 AWD Sleeper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamaharyder600

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2010
Tarentum, Pennsylvania
Currently building a 95 Talon Tsi AWD. Bought and empty 5 speed chassis and swapping all my parts from my 96 Auto. Making it out to be a sleeper car. Appearance wise it looks basically stock. I may put an eclipse front clip at some point. The block was torn down hot bathed and assembled with some upgrades. Everything isn't stock will be listed below.

Engine:
1) ARP Main Studs
2) ARP Head Studs
3) ARP Rod Bolts
4) Clevite 77 Main Bearings
5) Clevite 77 Rod Bearings
6) Felpro Permatorque Head Gasket
7) All new Gaskets throughout
8) Balance Shaft Elimination, turned down shaft (not a believer in stub shafts)
9) Gates OEM Timing belt
10) ACT 2900 with Street Disc
11) OEM TOB

Doesn't seem like much now but planning to do a stroker over summer of 2012. Planning to pick up a 4g64 Crank, Eagle Rods, and Forged Pistons in the mean time. Wanting to keep my 7 bolt block, not interested in going to a 6 bolt at this point.

Other Parts:
Undecided on turbo- 14b or small 16G
Either 2.5 or 3 inch exhaust
evo 3 O2 housing
DSM LINK 2.5
720cc Injectors

At this point im basically striping the car down and painting the engine bay and fixing the rust as shown in the pictures. Been a long time consuming process. Gotta go through the interior and button things up. Needs a new headliner and I may perform a dash swap if i cant successfully clean the black paint from the dash.

Ill be keeping this thread updated as I go along with the build.
Feel Free to comment, suggest, anything goes...
551ffb28.jpg

c1054ee2.jpg

477b805a.jpg

fd35efaa.jpg

b134e3c8.jpg

f29651ce.jpg

4a6bc16f.jpg

af11acaa.jpg

b8bb2609.jpg

49f21326.jpg

40be216b.jpg

cbee781d.jpg

2ebb5ff1.jpg

Best of luck man, I would say go with the 14b with a 7cm housing, if you really want to stick with it. Pretty match the same airflow as the 16g.

Yea Im not sure which direction I want to go with the turbo. Ideally I'd like to do a 16G with the stroker setup. Maybe a set of cams at some point. Make a great setup for autocross with the faster spool.

Managed to get a nice gray dash with no cracks or black paint like mine! Swapping the dash isn't really all that bad just time consuming. I had about two hours pullling the dash and its harness and about a half hour getting it ready to go back in. Should be back in and all buttoned up tonight. Hoping to get the harness back in the door and get the panel back on tonight. I will post updates!

545adccf.jpg

47cec0dc.jpg

ab7c3ef1.jpg

29cbff95.jpg

8f9a9b62.jpg

079c9389.jpg

I think an EvoIII would have great spool for autocross on a 2.3 stroker. My brother and I ran a Street Modified FWD GST with stock 2.0 on an EvoIII. Cams... maybe 264s or a 264/272 combo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back