The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

95 awd auto trans issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95twinturboawd

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2009
jackson, Michigan
Gf just picked up this car with 155000 on it. Its off and on again problem. Put the car in drive and nothing, you have to put car in reverse then drive for it to work, and it shifts hard from time to time, the check engine light is on AZ said bad ground on the tcu but I'm thanking its more then that. And tonight she tells me she drove about ten minutes stopped at the light and then it wouldn't go and the R to D trick didn't work. She turned car and on then she was fine the rest of the way

I would take the cover off the TCU to see if the board looks ok...

Try removing the solenoid plug. Do a search on here to find where it is but it is a square 4-pin plug near the transmission. If the car then works normally in reverse and is in third gear only in drive but no hesitation then likely there is a tcu issue, if it still hesitates or doesn't move then the issue is physical.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back